The April Labour Lottery

Mikhail got a letter in the mail. He read it out loud. "The Labour April Labour Lottery has been complete, Your name has been pulled, report to The East Grestin Border Checkpoint on May 1 1991 at 6:00AM Sharp. Expect Class 8 Dwelling." He looked at the bottom of the paper. "Signed M.O.A. Director Sergiu Volda"

Mikhail lived in Paradizna, the capital of Arstotzka since The Great Communist Revolution in 1905. Before it was The Republic of Arstotzka, after the collapse of The Kolech-Arstotzkan Union.

April 29 1991

Mikhail Packed up his bags and got in his trusty Laika 601 Deluxe. He turned the key and he drove all the way to Orvech Vonor, on Arstotzka's southern coast. He arrived in Orvech Vonor at 1:23PM. He got a room at a small motel and slept.

April 30 1991

He woke up and bought some sausage. He ate it and drove his Laika to East Grestin. He arrived at Nirsk at about noon. Ever since that inspector helped EZIC and escaped to Obristan the town had only about one hundred residents.

He could see Grestin from Nirsk. He could even see the wall around East Grestin. The wall is from when Grestin was the capital of The Western Empire.

At 12:33 he arrived in East Grestin. He went to the M.O.A. Building and signed into his job. He had the same position as the inspector who helped EZIC. Except this time, he was not going to betray his home.

"You start tomorrow at six."
"Glory To Arstotzka"
"Glory"

He arrived at his new apartment and slept...slept until 5:00AM