2.

Serenity

2 more months...

Today I decided to break out the gray tights and black crop sweater with my black huaraches, all clothes that I have to keep hidden because Veronica will question how I got the money to buy these.

After I'm satisfied with my look I grab my bag and keys and I walk out the door into the hallway ignoring the naked bodies of Veronica and some man on the living room couch. Nasty asses.

I pass Drew and his friends but this time I had time to spare.

"Wassup Renii?" He said giving me a tight hug.

"Same old to be honest." I shrugged.

"Well we bouta change that up real quick." he smiled.

"What you mean?" I asked.

"You poppin out to my crib for my 20th birthday?" He asked.

"I mean I'll show up but I ain't staying with all thattt partying shit boy." I laughed.

"Nah please for me ya big brother." he made a lil puppy pouty face.

"Ugh fine I guess but let me know when cuz I have a job you know." I rolled my eye playfully.

"No fucking way, Veronica let you work?" He looked confused.

"Nope" I said poppin the p, "She doesn't know I am cause a bitch trynna save up to get the fuck away from her."

"That's wassup but get yo bum ass to school sis." He gave me a hug.

"Whatever nigga" I laughed.

"AND DONT FORGET MY PARTY IS TOMORROW!" he shouted as I walked away to school.

I gave him the middle finger and shouted "WHATEVER NIGGA!"

.

School again, was a dub.

.

I left school early because I have a free last period every other day and today would be the only day I could get Drew a present before his birthday tomorrow.

I decide to get something that would have a little meaning behind it because Drew can afford anything he pleases so why get him something he can replace.

I settle with a watch and get the words "Drew & Renii ~till the waves hit~" carved into it.

As soon as I get home I would place a circular pic of me and Drew covered in cake from our Momma Hildi days into the watch.

I leave the Jewelry shop only to have somebody bump into me and drop all my things.

It was the same guy who complimented my cobbler and the ratchet hoe who I assumed to be his girlfriend.

"Watch where you walk bitch!" She shouted.

"Carla watch ya mouth." he said holding her back.

"Listen, you bumped into ME dropping MY things so either you're blind or you're fucking delusional sweetie." I rolled my eyes and walked away because I don't like negative attention.

As I wait for the bus to come at the stop the same guy comes back and stops in front of me.

"Yo, I apologize for the way she was actin' she be movin wocky sometimes." he said.

"It's fine I don't really care to be honest, hoes irrelavant." I replied.

"You right." He chuckled.