Chapter 5

Tick tock, tick tock...
It's only eight o'clock.
The birds chirped,
The wind blew,
With bore that can't be blocked.

Tick tock, tick tock...
With the screeching of a chalk.
The teacher taught,
The students snored,
With bore that can't be blocked.

  History. What is that? Some say constructing history to learn how humans have evolved throughout their times. Others say it's plain boring.

  As Mr. Williams continued his lesson in monotone, with half the class falling asleep, the girl who had playfully played with the teacher wrote a poem on her notes. Feeling satisfied, she showed it to her desk mate, the only one who appeared to be wide awake, who was busy scribbling down notes during lesson.

  "Hey"

  "Yeah?"

"Take a look."

She giggled.

"Guess we always have that one student who always complains about how time flies, huh?"

  "Guess we always have that one hardworking student in every class, huh?" The girl answered back, glancing at her friend's intense note-taking.

  "And you're lucky you have one."

  "Eeyup! I do!"

  The two giggled at each other cheerfully.

  In the middle of a boring lecture, sitting at the corner around a bunch of almost dead class, were two girls, who supported each other through desperate times, even if desperate times were something like a double period history lesson.

~~~
  Seconds became minutes. Minutes became hours. Finally, the double period history was about to end. Just 10 more minutes...

  "There, there." Mr Williams grinned at himself, as he finished his mind map on the history of Qin dynasty of China.

  "So, now that the Qin dynasty is done, we can move on to the next dynasty. Any questions?"

  He turned, only to reveal himself to a field of grave.

  "Ridiculous!!"

*SNAP*

  The whole class aroused from the sudden interruption as the chalk on the teacher's hand broke.

  "If you think that you are a better historian than me that you can fall asleep in my class, I would be more than willing to give up this double period with all of you to the principal herself!

  "And since you think you all are so good to not even pay attention, here is a POP QUIZ!"

  With that, Mr Williams erased his hard work with a duster and shouted a name.

  "Thomas, who was emporer Qin Shihuang's son's name?"

  "Umm...."

  "Don't know? Edison! When was the Qin dynasty?"

  No reply.

  "Don't know? Adeline!"

  The girl shot up.

  "Do you know any?"

  She struggled, searching up her memory cells to remember that name and dates of the dynasty that had united China.

Qin Hu Hai.  221-207 B.C.E

  "What?"

  Say it.

Just say it! Please, don't get in trouble again...

"But... I don't get it... My memory cells told me there is no such memory in my head."

  Mr. Williams shook his head. He turned over and looked at the whole class, trying to see if one was knowledgeable enough, or even brave for that matter, to shout out the answer, but all he got was silence. Feeling indignant, he went back to the teacher's desk and packed up his stuff.

  "S... Sir?" A voice called.

  The teacher turned to face the girl's unsure yet confident eyes.

  "The Qin dynasty was in existence during the 221-207 BCE, and Qin Hu Hai, son of Qin Shi Huang, was the second and final emporer of the Qin dynasty."

---
If you feel like falling asleep while reading this chapter, I'm so so sorry! History was the subj that I think it would be okay here... math questions can sometimes lead to arguments in the comments, and I don't want any arguments saying that the answers were wrong. But, if the answer for the actual published chapter is wrong, please lend me a hand and tell me the correct one in the comments below!!

So, if you enjoyed this chapter( I hope) please

VOTE,

COMMENT any mistakes, and

SHARE it to those who you think will enjoy!!

P.S. Sorry for that poem... It was begging me to free it from my head!