Childhood Promises

You clapped your hands in glee.

"Your singing is really good!" The 6 year old you exclaimed with a big, wide smile.

"You'd definitely be able to make it as a singer one day!" You added, making the 9 year old boys' face redden.

"T-thanks." Sungcheol stuttered while rubbing the back of his neck.

"Let's make a promise." You extended your pinky finger.

"We won't forget each other and we won't get a 'partner'." You announced.

He stared at you, then your hand for a while before entwining his pinky finger with yours.

"Definitely!" He smiled.

You recalled this childish promise as you flipped through a photo album of you and said little boy.

"I wonder if you even still remember that promise we made." You told yourself and let out a deep sigh.

In the following year, you moved to America with your parents because of their jobs. Ever since, you haven't contacted Sungcheol, because apparently, he and his family also moved and no one could give you their contact number. Now you're 16 years old.

"Don't even know what he's doing right now." You held the photo album close to your chest.

"(Y/N)! Let's get going already! We're going to be late!" Your mom yelled.

"Coming!" You quickly put the photo album back in its original spot before rushing down.

You and your family were going on a road trip to celebrate your birthday.

[ A/N : Am I doing good so far? Because I can't tell. :'D ]