'Bring it on'

Yeah, the bad boys are always catching my eye

I said the bad boys are always spinning my mind

Even though I know they're no good for me

It's the risk I take for the chemistry

With the bad boys always catching my eye

Ooh, bad boys-

Oh. My. God.

There are literally no words to describe the sight of Sam dancing – in front of a quite large and stunned looking crowd – to Bad Boys. Honestly? It’s surprisingly… flirty dancing. Hips swaying and grinding, an almost cheeky look on his face.

I’m pretty sure his reputation is gone forever.

It’s odd, looking back at last Monday when he was so serious over the fight he’d been in, and all those other times he’s in fights and comparing them to the other stuff he does, like this abomination to my eyes, or when he leaps around my room, or when he starts singing at random moments. And then there’s also the caring side of him, the one I see when he’s with Jack and Ollie or when he gave me my birthday present.

I swear, this guy has so many different moods I would think he’s bipolar.

When Bad Boys finishes and a startled applause and a few whoops come from the people watching, Sam takes a bow and then winks at me, beckoning with his index finger.

Immediately horror seeps through my body.

He’s expecting me to dance. And to what song? Santa Baby.

I’m pretty sure that means the dance is supposed to be seductive. And I, Millie Antonia Blackwood, do not do seductive.

I shake my head energetically at Sam, alarmed, and back away when he starts coming towards me.

‘No Sam! No! I am not dancing!’ I tell him, and he pouts and lets out a fake sigh of disappointment.

‘Ah well. Guess that just means that I win then,’ he says, and instantly I freeze. There’s no way in Hell I’m letting Samuel Jenkins beat me at something. So what do I do?

I do a fricking seductive dance.

By the end of the track, I’m feeling massively invigorated. About halfway through the dance I was hit with a burst of adrenaline, making me actually enjoy the dance… a little. And boy, I can do seductive.

I walk over to Sam at the end of the dance, grinning madly. His lips are curled up in a smirk, his eyes dark and unreadable, fixed on me. ‘So how was I?’ I ask, returning his smirk and making him laugh.

‘You’re going to have to pluck my eyes out,’ he tells me, and I frown, momentarily confused. Then it dawns on me, the stuff I made clear before we came in here. I said I would pluck his eyes out with a fork if he…

‘You were checking me out?’ I ask incredulously. ‘Again?’ To be honest, I’m a little bewildered by my own reaction to hearing this. I’m uncomfortable, obviously, a little amused, and… I dunno. I feel a bit… warm. It’s definitely too hot in this room.

Sam nods. ‘And I definitely wasn’t the only one,’ he adds, raising an eyebrow. His movement suggests amusement, but there’s something in his eyes… I don’t know. I don’t know, I don’t know, I don’t know! He leans forward to whisper in my ear – something he’s done many times before – and suddenly the temperature rises another few degrees. ‘You win,’ he breathes in my ear, and although distracted by the sudden heat, I manage to force a smug look onto my face.