№➍

Fonts Used:

Via-A-Vis by Peter Wiegel
SS Drebeden by Serge Shi
Shifty Chica 2 by Typodermic Fonts

A/N: Check the author's note at the bottom!

№➍| ❝Laid to Rest❞

“Would you like to take up my place in this coffin, Miss Komori? Hmm?~”

She had always imagined that the white light would come for her slowly. That God would cradle her in His arms as she went and she would slip away peacefully on the bed of her sheets.

Never did she imagine to be in the arms of a fanged demon, resting in her place inside a coffin away from all the world, and that the bright light would jar her from life, taking all her breath away in an instant.

The “light” was no guide into heaven, but a flash so quick it was like she had merely glimpsed Elysium for one precious second and then it was gone and she was thrown into blackness.

The human feels the breath of a shiver begin down her neck, a rolling coldness. Can spirits really feel temperature? Perhaps only in hell where the flames burn eternally.

After all her devotion was she really bound for Hell? Perhaps He had decided that her time with the vampires had made her tainted, that she was sinful and irredeemable for trying to help them. Was this not condemnation?

I think I'm going to be sick…

“Kidding, I am just kidding~” A voice echoes through her perception, a familiar chill ghosts her nerves again. But oddly, she now feels swathed in warmth. “I have placed you back in your own bed in the brides’ room. You might be feeling a bit nauseated, it is because I teleported. Human minds have difficulty adjusting to such quick displacement, you would perceive it as something of a flash or a pop. The feeling will fade, do not worry. There is no need to open your eyes.”

The little human’s senses feel like they've been detached from her body like simple limbs and her mind flounders and flails for purchase and understanding. Where am I? Who is this? Where did the lady I spoke to, go? Many thoughts run in perpendicular and confusing intersections within her mind-scape, but strangely enough she feels so relaxed. So uninhibited. The voice in her ear croons in a maternal tone...so soothing...so dreamy. And she’s so awfully tired, what has she done to herself? She's just ready to rest with the angels up in the clouds of Nirvana and dreams…

“Mmmmm...ngh...nn~” the bride mutters and hums. Sing for me, angel!

“There is one thing I must do before we go, Yui-chan. I hope you don't mind. You are not really in traveling condition, anyway. You have lost some pints of blood and it will take some time to recover them, you will feel weak for a while longer. The brothers are going to check the casing soon, I feel it. I must be there when they do. They will not suspect your involvement; what with you so completely passed out you have the perfect alibi. And I will also fix things to deflect suspicion. But do not worry, I will be back for you once everything is settled and done. For now, sleep…”

And with that final thought the angels lure her to the clouds with their beautiful songs, and as she rests on her fluffy bed even Chouko cannot predict when she will come down and back to the earth again.

“Sleep~”

And shortly after the blonde's eyes shut, so do another pair. One body in the bed of countless dead brides, another in a casket made for the dead and undead alike. One who just woke from a long slumber, another bound for a deep, recuperative one.