#17: You Can't Spell DETERMINATION Without TERMINATION

SLASH!

If Percy wasn't fast enough, he should've got skewered as a knife narrowly missed him by a hair.

"Hiccup! What the heck!?", Percy complained at the one who tried to jab him.

"I--it's not me--help--", Hiccup tried to speak but then he slashed his knife again. This time, aiming at Piper. Luckily, she dodged.

"Dragon boy!", Leo panicked. "Stop this!"

Hiccup, teary-eyed, looked up at Leo and whispered with a pleading look. "I can't."

The knife was slashed again. It hit Leo square in the right eye. "AUGH!"

They all backed away as Leo ran over to Hazel.

Just then, Roman faced the lunatic with intense furiousity. "WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY BROTHER, YOU FREAK!?"

Magness laughed. "Well, I just needed to have some of his blood for the spell to work."

"What. Spell!?", Annabeth, Percy, Sans, Roman and Stoick hissed at him.

Suddenly, Hiccup fell down again. By chance, Leo caught him. "Dude, you okay? You need some milkshakes?"

The Green-eyed boy stared at him weakly. "Leo...why am I suddenly feeling dizzy...?"

He almost dropped him by surprise as he stared intently at his SOUL, which is now all Midnight Black except for the edges, where his usual colors of Red and Green are. "Holy Hephaestus..."

Then, Magness summoned a button.

[❤OVERWRITE]

(The concept of OVERWRITE belongs to Jakei95)

"Holy cow", Sans gasped and started to push everyone away. "Run away guys! RUN!"

"What's your deal--AGH!", Jason started to protest when he tripped and tumbled across the room.

"JASON!", Piper ran after him.

"Hold on, dragon boy", Leo supported Hiccup. "We'll get through this."

Hiccup was about to thank him when Magness pushed it. He slumped over.

Leo slowly backed away as the Green and Red were consumed by the Black.

Then, in one terrifying moment, everyone gawked at the Viking Heir

"B-bro...?", Roman cautiously called.

"Son?", Stoick gulped. "Are you....are you alright?"

Hiccup looked up at Roman and his dad, his eyes the color of Midnight Black. He giggled insanely. = )

They only had time to dodge as he summoned hundreds of Monstrous Nightmares and ordered it to breathe fire.

"HAHAHA!", Magness chortled. "You guys are as good as DEAD!"

Percy and Sans ran over to him and charged. They rammed their fists in his jaw as they screamed. "WHAT DID YOU DO, YOU LUNATIC!?

Magness only grinned. "You shouldn't have done that."

They felt a tip of a sword in each of their heads. They slowly looked behind to see Hiccup pointing his two swords in each of their skulls. His face was emotionless...

...like a doll's.

Their eyes widened.

Sans, shaking, muttered to Percy. "OVERWRITE. A power to recreate a timeline permanently or temporarily. You can do anything with this. You'll be like a...like a--"

"Like a god", Percy solemnly finished.

"That's right", Magness answered. "I only needed Hiccup's blood to take control of this whole timeline."

Then, he hesitated. "But....I still need to control other universes, too. And to do that...I'll need your blood."

He points to Percy. Sans' breath hitched. Annabeth noticed and screamed. The others stopped running away from the Monstrous Nightmares. The dragons stopped attacking, too.

Everyone was eerily silent.

Then, Magness stated. "Hiccup, behead this two and make sure they'll never come back in the next resets I'll conjure afterwards!"

"NO!", Annabeth wailed.

💚ACT: ERASE_CODES

Hiccup was about to swing the swords when Leo yelled. "WAIT!"

He stopped mid-swing and looked at him. Everyone stopped, too as they looked at the impy teen. It was silent again.

Leo took a deep breath and strolled over to him cautiously.

"Leo!", Piper hissed. "If Calypso knew this, you'll never see the end of it!"

She got ignored. She huffed in annoyance and muttered. "Boys."

"Hiccup", Leo bit his lip as he faced the now monochrome teen. "I-...."

"I forgot to give this to you."

"Ignore him, Hiccup!", Magness ordered. "Kill the three of them!"

He swung the swords-

Then he stopped short.

"What...", Hiccup gasped as he held the thing Leo showed to him.

Leo smiled at him, like he can relate to what he was feeling...which he did. "Here. Good as new."

Then, he handed the shining locket to him.

Meanwhile, Annabeth gasped. "Gods! Leo finally fixed it!"

"But the photo...", Hazel pointed out.

"Got that covered", Frank grinned. The two girls looked at him in confusion.

Hiccup opened the locket to see the old picture: it was of him when he was five years old with his mom, Valka, grinning and Stoick, towering over the two of them.

He blinked. There was a new picture at the other side. It was the group picture that they took when there were at the first day of school in Alternate High; when they were at Mark's limosine.

Leo went over to him. "Dragon boy. I know what it feels like. I lost a mother, too."

Then, he hugged him. "But you're not alone. We're here for you."

His eyes widened slightly. His now Midnight Black eyes are slowly being recolored to Emerald Green again!

He dropped the swords as the Green fully succumbed to his eyes. Percy and Sans ran over to them, too and joined together in a group hug.

Magness pressed OVERWRITE again. The black came back.