Lost Myself In A Nervous Wreck, I'm Coming To The Conclusion.

PSA: I wrote most of this whilst stoned, forgive me for the cliché scenario.

Archer.

We'd taken the bus into town, since Matty lived in quite the secluded area.

The reasoning for it was blatantly obvious, I wouldn't want that kind of attention glued to me constantly, so why would he? It would be nice to have so many people in support of your cause, what you love to do, but I'm sure it'd get excessive, every celebrity is a normal person underneath some sort of mask of social conditioning brought on by what they're needed to be, and how they should act in public.

There's a sliver of pity that arises every time I see a person in the tabloids or hear about them on some shitty radio station, they never really get a chance to be normal. Imagine wanting to live out your dream, watch your minds melodic creations actually help people who all have an underlying understanding of one another, maybe even being able to help your family financially. All the good you're trying to put out into the world is spoiled by constant invasions of privacy and complete and utter disregard for your well-being.

It'd suck to be doing something important to you and just have the joy and relaxation it brings you torn away. Though this very well may have been the purest version of the story, select people having different intentions in the music industry, it was what I liked to believe was happening in most peoples minds.

He'd dressed us both in the same outfit, saying it'd be fun and that wearing black was the best way not to get noticed so we might as well wear matching clothes. Band tshirts and sunglasses, personally I thought it was more obvious now that we were wearing matching clothes, but I didn't want to spoil his fun.

"Where are we even going?"

A minuscule smile etched onto his face as he looked down at me, curls falling every which way, creating a soft shadow over his almost glowing eyes. "Does it matter where we go?"

"I suppose it doesn't really.."

Silence fell over us as we roamed the streets, it had a habit of doing that. I'd been subconsciously waiting for someone to approach us, mentally preparing myself for a social situation. "You wanted to go strolling didn't you? That's what we're doing right now." I nodded, scoping the buzzing city in front of us. "I felt useless being inside, not that I don't like your flat, believe me I do, I guess I just needed air."

Matty's arm snaked loosely around my waist, fiddling with the cotton of his very comfortable shirt that I happened to be wearing. "What's it like?" I asked, doing the same with my own arm. "What's your question based on?"

"Being in the public eye, like, it must be difficult, right?" He replied with a nod, bowing his head in what was most likely thought. "It is, I mean, to an extent. I really do enjoy meeting people who appreciate my music, we're very serious when it comes to making it, so encountering fans who like what we're doing is cool. It's really overwhelming sometimes, but that's just something that comes with the job, the more people listen to the albums, the less privacy we get. We're in a good spot now though, doing good."

"Here," I said, bringing a cigarette to his mouth, he grinned with it between his lips. I held the lighter up with my free hand, and he shielded the flame with his. "Team work," he muttered, inhaling deeply. I laughed at his remark.

"Want to get coffee?" I questioned, pointing to a small café at the end of the block. He handed me the lit fag and smiled, "Didn't know you drank coffee."