Lights, Lanterns, and Heat

I woke up on a bed of golden flowers. I looked and saw rubble from the bridge sitting next to us or flowing down into the abyss. I looked and saw Chara, still out cold, laying next to me. I shook her.

"Chara. Chara! Wake up!" I shouted. Chara began to stir. I heaved a sigh of relief. Chara sat up and rubbed her head.

"Ow... what happened?" She asked. I inhaled.

"Undyne and the others caught up to us. She managed to hit you in the abdomen. OH MY GOSH, ARE YOU OK!?" I screamed. I saw that exactly where Undyne had hit Chara, left a giant spear shaped hole on her body. Chara looked at it and gasped.

"So that explains it..." she said. I wanted to help, but I didn't know how. A thought came to me. I reached for my backpack and grabbed the quiche. It was smushed a little, but still in good eating condition. I grabbed a mushy slice and handed it to her. Chara shook her head.

"No no. Don't waste it on me. Just give me a second." Chara closed her eyes and concentrated hard. The hole began to close! I gasped. Soon, it was as if nothing happened.

"Perks of being dead, I guess. But that doesn't mean it didn't hurt. I don't think we'll be able to fly our way to Hotland. At least, not for a while." She said. Hotland, huh? I guess that's the next section we have to get through. I helped Chara up.

"Can you walk at least?" I asked. Chara nodded.

"But... can we go just a little slower?"

"That's fine. As long as you recover." Chara smiled and we began to wade through the water. I explained how Sans had helped us get to this point and how I was able to carry her when she got hit. Chara giggled.

"I knew it! I knew the Sans I grew up with is still in there!" She cheered. I sighed. Maybe... but I'm still not so sure about him yet... We reached another Save Point. This time, I read it.

"Holding up your friend, fills you with Hope, that she makes a steady recovery." File Saved. We continued to wade through the water and junk. I guess we were in the Underground's Garbage Dump. We walked past a cooler. I opened it. It was full of,

"Astronaut food?" I asked aloud. Whatever it was, it was useful for healing items. I took about 5 packets before we continued. I walked past a dummy. It reminded me of the dummy back in the Ruins, which made me miss Miss Toriel. If only I could call her or something. We entered a sort of common grounds. I looked and saw two monsters wearing bed sheets. One looked mad, the other kind of bored and sad.

"HE REALLY LEFT, JUST LIKE THAT!? THE NERVE OF THAT JERK!" The mad monster shouted. The sad one just had tears rolling down their sheet.

"I thought he said he'd stay here and take care of me.... he promised.... why am I even surprised.... I always make people run away from me...." He cried even more. The mad monster put a hand on the sad one's back and pat it.

"Don't worry Napstablook. THERE'S NO WAY IN HELL I'LL EVER LEAVE YOU!" He shouted. I cleared my throat and the two monsters looked at me. The mad one gasped.

"A HUMAN!? QUICK, NAPSTABLOOK! STAY HERE AND DISTRACT THEM! I NEED A BODY SO I CAN FIGHT THEM AND TAKE THEIR SOUL!" He shouted. He flew off to where Chara and I came from. I looked at Chara. She looked at me. We both looked at Napstablook. He just stood their. Chara and I walked past him to the next room. I felt kind of bad. Whoever left him here, must've been really close to him. We kept walking. We found a store! I walked inside and laid Chara on the wall to rest. I approached the store owner. It was a giant turtle with a magnifying glass.

"Hey there kiddo! I got some stuff for sale!" He laughed. I was about to grab somethings to purchase, but I pulled my hand back.

"You're... not upset with me because I'm a human?" I asked. The turtle just smiled at me.