Chapter 26

Sora teleported to Cafe De Paix, thankfully she brought her bag so she had money and books. She ordered the largest coffee they had and settled on the couch that was near the fireplace. She grabbed her Nuntius book out since she was running too low on imperium to practice some imperium tricks. She spent three hours studying until she got a couple of messages from Lily, all of which were worried and apologetic messages.

Around ten Sora hoped Lily was asleep so she teleported back to her room only to see Lily and Taniya in the room. She was about to teleport back out when they saw her. She sighed and grabbed clothes from her drawer, went into the bathroom, changed, and came out to them staring at her.

"Would you guys quit staring at me like a de-ad person?" She struggled to get the word "dead" out. 

They broke their trance. 

"If you have something to say, get it out because I need to train tomorrow and need some-" 

They both hugged her. 

When they did, Sora was surprised. They eventually let her go and when they did Sora still stood there then remembered the bigger problem and asked 

"Who else knows?" Sora asked. 

Lily shook her head, 

"We didn't tell anyone, I swear." Sora nodded. 

"Well...like I said, I need some rest since you now know one of my secrets..." Sora shook her head, she couldn't tell them to leave her alone now.

Taniya finally said something. 

"Sora, I'm really sorry..." 

Sora shook her head, she didn't need her sympathy. 

"Taniya, for future reference, if someone isn't responding to you, talk to them. And don't believe everything your boyfriend says, I didn't start anything with him, he came at me. The next time your boyfriend thinks he can talk like he did, he'd better not play All Talk." 

Sora glanced at the door to say "Now leave." Taniya sent a sympathetic look Sora's way but Sora didn't see it, she was busy going through a book.

After Taniya left Lily said something as nicely as she could. 

"Why...why do you push people away?" Sora looked at Lily, 

"I don't." Lily shook her head, 

"Then what do you call what you just did? Because to me, that looks like pushing someone away not to mention you didn't tell anyone that I know of, about your parents." 

Sora shrugged. "I'm keeping her, you, and everyone else who knows close to nothing about me safe and happy."

"That was not keeping her 'happy'." Lily said. 

"Well, had she not jumped to conclusion, believed her dumb boyfriend, and just left me alone, we wouldn't be in this situation, would we?" 

Lily stopped talking, Sora was clearly mad at herself for slipping up. A half hour later Lily said goodnight to Sora, Sora was still up studying Nuntius, she wanted to be fluent with it by the time she had her first mission and she was also waiting for Lily to fall asleep so Sora could erase her memory about her parents, she didn't want to risk it getting out.

When she heard Lily's light snoring, Sora tapped her mind and fished the memory out and changed it to Sora arguing with Taniya and her watching. Sora checked the clock, it was midnight, she was sure Taniya was asleep so she teleported to her room, quickly did the same, not before noticing the gift Sora had given her was unwrapped sitting on her desk. Sora had a moment of happiness then pushed it away.