Skye&Ward - He Comes Back - Agents Of Shield Fanfiction

Ward stepped back into the place he had started to call home, the bus. As he looked around at the people he thought as family it hurt him to see the look of betrayal and hatred in they're eyes, he knew it was his own fault ,betraying them like that, so he could live with the looks ,as long as they were all safe and protected.

At least thought he could but one look at Skye and he was braking inside, she stood a little behind Coulson ,her arms wrapped around herself, she wouldn't meet his gaze but he could see tears falling down her cheeks, and in that moment all he wanted to do was wrap his arms around her a promise her he'd never hurt her again.

"Back To Work Everyone.........Nothing To See Here" Coulson said looking at Ward with a disappointment evident in his eyes as he turned up the stairs, May following behind with her usual plain expression on. "Is it safe with him here" Fitz mumbled to Simmons as they both wandered back into the lab.

Now there was just Grant and his rookie, his, he thought I wish she was mine, if I hadn't ruined it all ,I should have stayed with Skye, then she would've been mine.

"Was it all just one big lie?" he heard a her say knocking him out of his trance. "What?" he mumbled "What do you mean?" he said while walking toward her, he took as good sign w hen she didn't back away. "What you said to me in the closet ,was it just a load of bullshit to go with your plan" she yelled looking up but not fully meeting his gaze. Grant sighed "Look at me Skye" he commanded in his agent tone "Look at me" putting two fingers beneath her chin ,making her meet his eyes. He softened instantly looking into her browns eyes "I need you to look at me while I say this, when I was recruited for this team I had no idea ,you were gonna be here ,you weren't apart of any plan remember, I'll admit you were an ass to begin with but after a while everything just felt right when you were around and I felt like I could talk to you and tell you all about my past" "you could" she whispered cutting him off and grabbing his hand "but that's not how I should be, I'm a specialist I'm not meant to worry about someone and get distracted on missions but I just couldn't help it ,on that mission with Fitz what got me through was the though of seeing you again" he said cupping her face and wiping the tears that had started to fall "but I couldn't ,I didn't think I could have a normal relationship ever, and it was against Protocol so I left it hoping it would go away, but as soon as I saw you lying there and hearing the doctor say there was nothing she could do, broke me it felt like everything was wrong nothing felt right to me, and I made a promise that if you woke up ,id never waste a moment with you again because life's to short and I need you Skye" "Can I ask you something?" she whispered looking at him softly, he nodded and she continued " The Claire Voyiant or Garret as you call him, was the one that put me in that hospital, and you said you wanted to keep my safe, he'll you even shot they first guy who claimed he was the Claire Voyiant and you said you didn't regret because it was to keep me safe, but then your the one that left me and the team to go work with him and that's what makes me doubt your feelings for me" Ward sight wrapping one arm around her waist squishing her against him " Skye , I would do anything to keep you safe , I'd never let him hurt you again but he was my S.O the guy taught me everything ,he became a father figure to me, I felt like I couldn't just go against him but I did for you standing next to him at the  hydra base all I wanted was to be here with you and the team and I know I've ruined that but I'll spend everyday of my life trying to fix things, because Rookie if I like it or not I can't deny the fact that I'm in love with you" He said smiling down at her ,only to be shocked by her next action.

*thump* Skye had got out of his grasp and punched him straight in the face, which was what she thought was the worst part of boxing. Ward stumbled trying to get a grip in the fact that his tiny rookie could pack a punch. Only to be surprised when she wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed the know brusing skin. "Now listen here turbo you ever walk out on me again and you'll get along worse" "Dam n rookie you pack a punch" she smiled and pressed her lips to his, before replying "what can I say I had a good S.O" "Im sure you were a good student" he mumbled against her lips before passionately kissing her and hosting her legs around his waist. "Love You" she mumbled against his lips,"Love You Too" he said kissing her neck as he opened the back of the SUV ,"In the back of the SUV very naughty Agent Grant Ward" she said as he laid her down, "must be hanging around you too much rookie he replied shutting the SUV door behind him.