This was new

Jaeden's pov
Still Tuesday morning

"So you're gay?"
Jack, with small fingers, made them dance to a fast beat. They ran around his phone in a distracted hurry.
"No. Who are you texting?"
My reply was quite. Why was I always so awkward.
"Finn."
A Cheshire grin spread across the young boy's face just as Wyatt's turned into a frown.
"Dude no. Finn will tell people."
Good reply Wyatt. I rolled my eyes.
"Who said I was telling Finn about you guys. Ha gay!"
Then he broke into laughter as if he'd just discovered the funniest joke known to man.
"Literally!"
Now he was laughing so hard he looked as if he'd cry.
"Can we just get one thing straight: I'm not!"
I don't know what possessed me to say that, but it was like word vomit, and I had just threw up.
Wyatt whispered a: delightful
Thinking I couldn't hear him.
And Jack stopped laughing from his own joke to look me in the eyes as if it were serious.
"That wasn't funny."
As if I was queen (cause we all know I'm queen af) of rolling my eyes. I did it for the third time of just being here. This time feeling as if my eyes were going to fall out from rolling them so far into the back of my head.
"Keep that up and your eyes are gonna fall out, man."
Really Jack. Really. Could the jokes stop anytime?
"Oh stop being pussies!"
Finn broke in, his voice sounding high. This was his attempt at a lame joke.
All we needed was Jeremy, Sophia, and Chosen. Then it would've been the whole squad. Lit.
"So I heard you guys are a bunch of gays and needed another to make it a party."
He threw himself on the couch Jack was on and wrapped his arm around the smaller boy.
Wyatt's eyes almost popped out of his head, and frankly so did mine.
This was new.