Chapter 2

I grab my car keys, and give my mom a quick kiss on the cheek. "Bye mom, love you see you later!" I call already shutting the door. As I drive the curly headed boy kept popping into my mind. Don't think about it Lydia, I tell myself. Maybe he was waiting for someone this morning. Yeah, that's it. I convinced myself it was nothing more and pulled into the parking lot.

I walk into the school and see my group of friends at a small lunch table in the cornor. First there was Luke Hemmings, Amber's boyfriend. He was tall, and had very blonde hair with a lip ring that made him 100 times more attractive. Then there was Amber, she had short black hair, but drop dead gorgeous, but also the most sarcastic person you will ever meet. And finally, Louis. He was the sweetest guy ever. He had brown hair with blue - grey eyes.

"Lydia Singleton look at you!" Louis said smiling looking at me up and down. "Have I changed that much Lou?" I say pretending to be offended. "Okay you two," Amber groans hopping off Luke's lap, "whats new? You didn't answer my texts this morning, we were all going to get breakfast at IHop." I look at Amber she had long tan legs and a curvy figure. "Sorry." I mumble running my hand through my hair. It was nice seeing everyone laughing and talking again. Most of us barley talked, or even saw each other over the summer. 

"Hey did I tell you guys about this morning?" "No" they all say in uni-sen. "Well," I begin, taking a moment to think if I wanted to tell them it all. "I got up, changed and all that and noticed a car sitting outside parked across the street. Not weird right?" They all nod their heads to show they are still listening, and i go on. "But I look and notice they guy is looking right at me. An then I remembered seeing it right when I got up. That car was parked there all morning." Amber looked like she was trying to solve a puzzle, "Did you see what he looked like, maybe remember what car he drove?" 

I think back to when I saw the curly hair, the broad expression on his face. Now that I think back to it all he was on the phone. And I did remember what he drove, a black Escalade. It was kinda funny the black car just kinda tied everything together. After a moment of gathering my thoughts i said "Yes, he had brown curly hair, and drove a black Escalade." Nobody talked after that, Luke was rubbing his temples with both his hands, Amber was up pacing now, and Louis was running his hand through his hair sighing every now and then. 

"Look Lydia," Luke said sternly putting both his hands on my shoulders "did he say anything to you?" I shake my head, and his grip on me loosens, and he walks back to his seat. I had no idea what the big deal was,  I moved to New York with my family last year, and my friends where the only people i knew, so I had no idea who this kid was.  "This is just perfect!" Louis said sarcastically, seriously. "Could you please explain to me what is happening." I say irritated. "Louis looked at me and said "Okay, Lydia, you need to listen, and listen carefully alright?" He says and looks around at everyone else, and they nodded for him to go on.

"The guy who was outside your house today his name is Harry, Harry Styles. He goes here actually. If there is one guy here you should be afraid of it's him. Harry's past isn't he best. His dad killed his mom, and is bing released from jail 2 months from now, and he is involved with gangs. Pretty lethal guy." He says sighing. "He's a fighter, i can't even count how many times he got into a fight last year. But one thing is for sure, him being outside your house isn't a good thing." I nod. The looks of Harry was enough to send a person running. He was hot. But he definantly looked like a guy you wouldn't want to get involved with. "So are we all in agreement," Luke started knocking me out of my daze. "We are to watch Lydia and help her avoid Styles at all costs?"

They all nodded. "Okay," Amber said smiling, "Lets go get our schedules." We walked down the main hallway with was mainly empty except for a few new freshmen trying to find their way around. "Ah here." Louis says pointing at a piece of paper pinned on a board. I stand on my tippy toes, and looked at my schedule. No. No no no no. I look at everyone else high fiveingand smiling at theirs, but me. "Guys." I say slowly. " I have almost all of my classes with Harry."