Chapter 25

[I listened to Misery by Maroon 5 while writing this if you want to read it while listening to the song♥♡]

I am shaking on my bed. I look at my wrists. I look at the new slits I made and ignore the stinging in my back. I am holding back tears. He. Came. Here. He hurt me. At the place where I am suppost to be safe.

*FLASHBACK*

No one was at home today so I was just having a lazy day in sweatpants and a black tanktop. I haer a knock on the door and I go answers it. I am blown away with how was there. It was him.Yeah Thays right, my father. He has an evil smirk on his face. "Thought you could get away from me that easily?" he asks walking in and locking the door. I was about to scream but he knew I would so he put a gag in my mouth. He picks me up and throws me over his back. He carries me upstairs and throws me onto my bed. Tears were already stinging my eyes. He deemed to know that someone would be home soon so he gets right to the point. He slaps my face and then flips me over. "You can never escape me." He says evily. He then grabs a belt and pulls up my shirt. He gives me some good lashes. "This is for your own good." He says and gives me one more lash that causes black dots to dance in my vision. The tears were already spilling over so I continue to cry. He then says "Don't tell anyone." and then he runs out. I quickly change into one of the shirts I always wore after he abused me. It is a black cotton shirt. After that I go to the kitchen, my personal knife in hand, I thought it was over. No I'm wrong. It will never end. I am still crying when I press the knife to one wrist. It is the only way I know how to get rid of the pain I feel by knowing my father hated me. I then slit the other wrist. I hear someone come so I quickly grab my glives and put them on. No one can know I thought to myself. It happened to be only my imagination.

*BACK TO NORMAL TIME*

Christina walks in with will. I only know it is them because I can hear them talking. I quickly fix the little makeup I was wearing and wipe my tears. I sit bavk on my bed, my gloves back on, when they walk in.

"Hey Tris." Christina smiles. "I was trying to contact you but you wouldn't answer." She says.

"Oh I was just playing Flappy Bird. I didn't want to die." I lie. I can tell Christina doesn't completely believe me but she lets it slide...for now.
_________________________________
Thank you @tapper12 [It think that is the user name] for the idea for the chapter.
-Mariah♡♥
I own none of the characters all right go to Veronica Roth