Chapter Two

Eternal

Welcome back! Here's the second chapter of Eternal, I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

I know that there is a character that has died in this chapter, but I hated the way that he died in the series. To be honest, I wanted to give Damon the satisfaction of killing him because I hated this character's death.

Disclaimer – I do not own The Vampire Diaries or any companies that are mentioned throughout this fiction.

Elena POV

"Remember we don't have any school tomorrow, we have my twenty-week scan, you're still coming, right?" I asked Stefan who was sipping on a glass of scotch with a drop of blood in it. Over the last few weeks, Stefan has been doing really well with his control. He had been having a small drop of blood every day so that he could build back up his tolerance.

It was a Monday evening and we were lounging in the living room, I had a textbook open on my lap.

"I don't want to do this work anymore." I complained, closing my textbook and moving over to sit on Stefan's lap, his hands automatically went to my stomach, which was growing more and more every day. Stefan and I were interrupted from our moment when the front door opened and Damon walked in.

"Hello, brother. Elena." Damon said, walking through into the drawing room and heading straight for his scotch.

"You know, I heard another rumour today..." Damon announced when he'd sat down.

"Care to share, brother?" Stefan asked, suddenly interested in the conversation.

"I heard this amazing rumour, it totally must be true," he gushed, "What it was, is that the angelic Stefan Salvatore left town because he was so ashamed that he had bought so much shame upon the founding families." Damon exaggerated, taking a sip of his scotch once he'd finished speaking.

"Ashamed of shaming the founding families?" Stefan questioned disbelievingly.

Damon raised his hands in mock surrender.

"Hey, don't shoot the messenger! I heard it when I was walking through the school today." Damon told us nonchalantly.

"And you were at the school because?" I questioned.

"Because, Elena, I went to see my good buddy Alaric." Damon replied, taking off his trademark leather jacket and putting it on the back of the armchair he was sitting on.

"Oh right. The people in this town are so unbelievably low. Shaming the founding families, are they serious? Even though they keep saying it, it's never about me shaming the Gilbert family, only the Salvatore's? I don't understand why." Stefan said.

"Because nearly every member of the Gilbert family is dead, the Gilbert name will end with Jeremy and his children." I told him.

"What about bump?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Nope, this baby will be a Salvatore. No Gilbert name to mess her up as well." I argued.

"Then what about you?" He asked me, smiling.

"Well, that all depends."

"Depends on what?" He asked, his grin widening.

"Whether I decide to change my name from Gilbert anytime soon." I said, brushing off the question and trying my best to hide my smile. Life at the moment was good. Albeit I have lost many people along the way, my mom and my dad, and then Jenna.

"Well, we will have to see about that won't we." He said, rubbing circles on my stomach. I winced when she kicked, responding to her daddy's touch like she always did.