Chapter 5

"Hi Buddy. How are you?" I stare intensely at the man walking towards me.

"Excuse me but who was the lady that was with me?" I say not even bothering to answer the question he asked. He looks at me sadly and he doesn't say anything for a while. I stare at him until he finally says something quietly. " What did you say? I couldn't hear you.." I say instantly.

"The lady you didn't recognize was your mother." He says louder. I don't say anything but just turn my attention to the ceiling.

White is such a dull color.

When I turn back to the doctor I realize that he's not here anymore. How the fuck do I not notice them leaving? As I start to look around I notice that there are a few of my painting tools and a canvas. Before I knew it I already had the tools in my hands.

I guess this is going to be my inspiration to paint again, Huh? Ah shit!! I forgot about YouTube! I press the emergency button and someone immediately comes in through the door.

"Are you okay? What's the emergency about?" The nurse says. Oh my god, If I was dying I bet she'll still ask this question. I compose myself and try to look my best. "I feel better now, Can I go home?"

The nurse looks at me as If I just told her the best joke she has ever heard. "Yeah, Sure. I should let you out of the hospital instead of keeping you here because you totally weren't having hallucinations while driving." She turns around and as she's about to leave she says, "Do you have anyone that can take you home?"

I start smiling and give a quick nod to her. "My mother is here.. I think." She gives me a smile then finally leaves.

----------

It's been already an hour and a half and I already finished the sketch for the painting. I better hurry if I don't want this inspiration to go away. I better take it slow too, Don't want to mess up while painting.

Fuck. Do I go fast or slow? I should take it slow. I don't think I'm going to move out of here for some time. Okay, let's start with the first layer. I think the tree will be faster to paint.

----------

After finishing the painting, which I assume took about 3 or more hours, I finally hear someone knock on the door. I don't say anything but the person stil comes inside my room.

"Hey, I'm sorry for intruding.." The doctor cuts himself off when he looks at the painting I spent some hours on.

"Oh my.. Did you paint that?" I give a quick nod. "What are you in here for?" The doctor seems taken back from my words but he tries to make himself look unaffected. He gives me a shy smile and I give him a look to try and make him proceed.

"Well, after all the tests we've done on you.. It appears you're fine. Although we're quite suspicious over the fact you were having hallucinations but we think it might've been due to you having blood loss at that time." He takes a big breath and proceeds.

"You're okay but not completely okay. You're legs are fine but you're going to be needing a wheelchair for a while. Due to the x-rays we took of your brain, It appears you have no memory loss and you not remembering your mother is not from the impact of the crash."