Kidnapped from school

"I'll be right back," my Spanish teacher said as he left our class to finish the assignment.

I turned to my best friend, Jackie,"What'd you get on number 4?"

"Hold on let me grab my paper it's over there." She walked to get her paper, and the door slammed open. Everyone's head snapped to see what happened and we all saw. Three men with guns came in commanding complete attention. Black masks covered their faces, but their uniforms and equipment told me they were experienced.

Two of them took guard at the door, and the other spoke. "Everybody shut up and we won't hurt you, but piss me off and I won't hesitate to shoot you on the spot. Now," he pointed his gun straight at me. "I need you. And," he swiveled his gun towards Jackie. "You. Come with me."

We sat in our seats paralyzed, hoping he meant someone else and just accidentally pointed at us. "LET'S GO." He boomed yet managed not to let any other teachers hear the commotion going on. He came over and grabbed Jackie while gesturing a goon to grab me.

One look at Jackie and I knew we had the same idea. I told any other friends who could read my glances as Jackie did the same. I knew I had to start it.

"HELP! GUN! GUN! KIDNAP! HEEEELLLLP!" I repeated over and over other voices joining, creating a orchestra of crys for help. The kidnappers dragged us into the hallway almost out the door. We fought their every move and when they finally figured out what was happening every teacher in the narrow but long hallway had come rushing out the door.

It took each teacher a second to process what was going on, and one of the closer teachers with military background started trying to reason with them.

"Now, just calm down." He said slowly advancing towards us and them. I saw our pregnant math teacher duck around the corner to notify the policeman.

Our spanish teacher came running up. "Woah, what's going on?" He said in the usually Puerto Rican accent.

"Back off." The guy with the gun simply stated.

"No," Señor Robles replied, standing awfully close. "If you want them them then you're gonna have to take me too."

The third goon grabbed him from behind twisting his arm in a painful manner. The men slipped out the door behind us and ran to the car, shoving us in the back seat, but not before tying our hands.

"Okay, if there's anything helpful you remember, tell me now." Señor Robles whispered.

"They didn't speak English," Jackie said.

"No, they spoke Spanish. Maybe you can understand what they're saying," I told Sr. Robles.

He nodded and listened. Then he said something in Spanish, it was long and his tone of voice was soft and pleading but something was off about it.

"What did you say?" I immediately inquired.

"I begged to stop at a gas station and go to the restroom," he said in a whisper but in an even more hushed tone he added, "I'm gonna try and get us free from them but if they keep us separate it won't work." We nodded in understanding and rode in silence the rest of the way.

We pulled into a gas station and the men pulled out Sr. Robles and all the guards went with except for one who remained in the drivers seat but oddly quiet for the one in charge. Jackie glared at me and I knew what to do. Watch Señor Robles' every move, and the guards', too. Because something was very wrong here.