The Prologue

Romantic. Those words fluttered around her mind all night. Bella was your average girl. She wasn't anything out of the ordinary, but she wasn't plain and simple either. Unlike most girls, she cared for only the little things. Holding hands, eating ice-cream together, walking around the city while being engrossed in conversations. Her standards were never set high up. 

Today was a typical Monday for Joshua, with the exception it was their marriage anniversary! Bella spun around in her knee-length dress. She had faint makeup applied, and her dirty blonde hair was tied in a bun. She was enriched in a tropical scent hoping to catch the attention of a  certain somebody.

Joshua, however, was not paying any attention. His eyes were glued to his phone as he typed something. He wore a black suit that looked neat and clean. His hair was brunette, styled with an undercut that had a fringe. Bella coughed awkwardly trying to gain the attention of her beloved and tapped his shoulders. He suddenly faced towards her and closed his phone leaving it on a black screen. He was staring at her in amazement. His dark brown eyes glistened and a wide grin appeared on his face.

"How do I look?" she said with a smile.

"You look amazing, my god. Perhaps the most stunning girl I've seen with these innocent eyes".

"Don't be such a tease, Joshy." she said as she winked at him. Despite knowing that he pretty much cringed at the word 'Joshy' she'd always call him it. A token of love, I suppose.

"Geez. I've told you not to call me that. You know it's an awful nickname, and it sounds so childish." he said aloud. 

"But it's cute" she whined. "Anyways, who were you messaging? You seemed pretty interested and wouldn't take your eyes off your phone".

"Just some friends. I was telling them about my plan tonight" he spoke with a grin on his face. 

"So where are we going then?" she pleaded.

He leaned in close and whispered in her ears "It's a surprise".

Her cheeks were slowly turning red.

"So are you all ready?"

"Yup" she blurted out, scratching the back of her head. 

Joshua chuckled and teasingly winked at her. He grabbed her hands and she squeezed it tightly, not wanting this moment to pass by. It was possibly everything she could want in life. What could possibly go wrong?

________________________________________________________________________________

Hey! As you guys can see I'm kind of new to this stuff. This is my first book and I'm hoping you're all going to enjoy this. It's going to be one heck of a ride. I would appreciate any feedback. The first chapter should be out soon! Thank you :)