Prologue

Empty boxes were opened, along with cabinets and drawers.
Nothing was inside the abandoned house, except for stale crackers, spoiled milk, and a few expired jars of peaches in some of the cabinets.
A girl, woman to be exact, was looking outside the window, her long brown hair in a ponytail, but the tip of her hair was down to the top of her butt, when it was down, at least.
Her blue colored eyes scanned the area outside of the window, her fingernails softly tapping on the glass.
Tap tap tap... Tap tap...
The woman turned her head towards the door, hearing it squeak open.
She quickly stepped away from the window, heading to an empty closet she has found earlier, and went inside.
She closed the door as soon as she heard footsteps enter the house, leaving a small crack so she can see who was intruding.
Footsteps were heard as they entered the room, so the woman quieted down her breathing, slowly closing the door.
But before she heard the door shut, she hears the sound of a gun click, and someone clearing their throat.
It was a man.
"Come on out, or I'll go in there myself and shoot your brains out." He said, though it was muffled.
That voice sounded familiar...
But who was it?
The woman twisted the door handle and opened it, but her eyes were looking down at the ground...
"Enid?" The man asked her, making her lift her head.
She narrowed her eyes a little at the strange man, wondering how in the world he knows her name.
Then it hits her.
The man has a battered sheriff's hat on, long hair that ends just past his shoulders, and a hole in the right side on his face where his eye was...
Enid widened her eyes, her mouth partly opened as she stared at the man, blinking a few times before snapping back to reality and smiling a little.
"Carl Grimes... I'd thought I would never see you again."