Chapter 1

The man stared at the woman, a small, noticeable smile was on his lips.
"It's been a while." He said to Enid, putting his gun in his pocket.
"It has." Enid replied, stepping out of the closet and walking back to the window.
Silence hung in the air as Enid stared out the window, placing a hand on the frame.
A soft, warm hand was placed on top of hers, so Enid turned her head to see Carl with a small smile on his face.
Enid smiled a little bit as well, then she turned her head back to the window, her smile dropping a little.
"I wonder how Maggie and the others are doing..." She muttered, feeling Carl's other hand on her shoulder, then slowly trail down her arm, then stop at her waist.
"I bet they're okay..." He muttered, grabbing her hand and pulling her away from the window and closer to him.
"Remember what happened to Glenn and Abraham? Remember what happened to Ron, Jessie, and Sam? Remember what happened to Eric?" Enid muttered, her eyes starting to burn with hot tears as she laid her head on his shoulder.
Carl breathed out a gentle sigh. He remembered, of course. "Yeah... I remember... But that was the past."
Enid lifted her head off his shoulder, but she looked down so that he couldn't see her tears rolling down her cheeks.
He tucked his fingers under her chin and lifted her head, wiping away the salty tears.
"That was the past. This is now." He muttered, pulling her in a hug.
Enid hugged him back, moving so that her chin rested on his shoulder.
They stayed like that for a few more seconds, then pulled away.
"I missed you." Carl said in a mutter, taking off his hat and putting it on Enid's head with a soft chuckle.
Enid breathed out a laugh, brushing a few loose strands of hair away from her face.
"I missed you too." She responded, moving closer to him.
Their lips were inches apart now, along with their eyes fluttering closed...