suicide

MY CHARAHUB IS @ IRI (MY OC'S)

The water looks deep and inviting. Maybe I should jump. Maybe I should drown. I have never expect myself to do it. I close my eyes. Today should be the day it all ends. It had to be done. Despite my life's shit, I have always hated this lake. It was a place that encouraged my tendency to feel sad. I wouldn't want to end it here, do I? "You're scaring me" I hear from behind me.

I turned around to the person and felt confused. It was my ex-boyfriend Axl. I walked to him.

"I'm sorry," I say "What are you doing here?"

He gulped. I glance at my own reflection in the water. I'm a weak, alcoholic, skinny richie. The sun's shining less bright then it normally would do in Miami. He comes closer, I see the kindly glint in his eye. "I am here because I want the money," Axl bellows, in a gentle tone. He slams his fist against my chest. "You owe me, Olivia Green." I look back, scared. "I'm so sorry. It should never have happened. But I have money, you know that." I reply. With a dad as a rich lawyer and a mom who's a plastic surgeon and has friends a celebs, I obviously have enough money.

We look at each other with shocked feelings. I study Axl's brown hair and manly figure. Eventually, I take a deep breath. "Listen, I need it now. Right now." he explained, in fast tones. I hand him the money. Axl looks afraid. I actually hear Axl's body shatter into 671 pieces. Then Axl hurries away into the distance. Not even a glass of wine would calm my nerves tonight.

___________________________________

My parents and I are having dinner. The McFarland's are over. The gratin lobster lays half-eaten on a white plate decorated with spices and leaves. My mother is talking about her trip to Paris tomorrow, with Mrs. McFarland. The McFarland's are our family friends, next week they'll be going to Europe. My father speaks about business with James McFarland, the father-in-law of Daniel. Daniel's the son of my mother's friend from Chicago. He's also the guy who I've been best friends with back then. Later, we became acquaintances, unfortunately. We haven't seen each other for months, because he's in Yale already. I overhear him fluently talks about the law with my dad.

I've always had a thing for him. He was born with a gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad. I'm pretty much the opposite; depressive and pessimistic. We both so far from perfect, but perfect for each other.

The maid Francine keeps bringing food in and out. I stare at the glamming piece of dessert that's served: crème brûlee. I disgust the taste of caramel already. My parents busily discussed the architecture of nowadays.

"Olivia, why don't you show Daniel our new lounge set in the gallery?" my mom asks. I look in Daniel's dark brown eyes. We make eye contact.

"Sure," I respond. "If Daniel is interested." I put some crème brûlee on my plate. "Yes, I am. The style of your house has always been interesting." Daniel says.

"Well, I'm glad to hear. My stylists and architects designed it all." my mom brags.

Daniel and I both finish our meal and take the stairs to the lounge. "Looks great! Didn't your dad buy that painting on an auction?" he asks when we get to the gallery. A big red, black dotted painting hangs on the wall. "Yeah, my dad bought that painting in Paris for my mom." I tell Daniel as he's about to sit on the large white couch. "Nice." I sit in front of him on the other white couch that's a bit smaller than the other one. "We really haven't seen each other in some time, right?" he asks me.

"Yeah, I kinda missed you." I laugh.

He smiles. I look at Daniel's manly awkward figure. Up close, he's even more handsome. His kissable lips, his brown eyes. The way he's looking at me makes me a little bit happier. To change topic, I brag about the painting on the wall. Paintings don't even interest me that much. "The only artform I care about is music." I proudly say as a pianist. "Cool. Can you play for me?" Daniel asks.

I respond "Of course. But the piano is in the garage. And it's 11 PM already."

"What about tomorrow? It's Sunday tomorrow, you know."

"Great." I say, as I really mean it.

"I don't know why we drifted apart, but we did. And I regret. I want us to be friends again, the way we used to. I want us to stay up all night talking about what's in our heart."

3/20/16

I sit behind my piano, with the garage door open. I smoke a cigarette. My parents don't know I smoke, so most of the time hide in the garage on the left side of our villa. Dad's in his office on the other side of the building while mom's at work. Her work as a plastic surgeon really has made her rich. Besides that, my father is a lawyer and my grandpa was a manager of a record company in LA. Since he passed away my dad got all of the in heritage and bought ourselves a nice house in Miami. I suddenly hear a car driving over the entrance. I put my cigarette away and walk towards the vehicle. But it doesn't look like it's Daniel who has arrived: it's a large black Jeep that I have never seen before.

 But it doesn't look like it's Daniel who has arrived: it's a large black Jeep that I have never seen before