Chapter 7

Olivia's Point of View

While waiting for the food to finish microwaving I started to clean up my apartment a bit, it was mainly random stuff scattered around the studio. I didn't have a lot of furniture. I just had a mattress on the floor and a table to put some things, everything was really empty, yet I find a way to make mess out of nothing. 

My food beeped and finished but I left it in the microwave to cool down before I eat it. I keep on cleaning and putting things away. I heard a knock on my door, it was late a night and no one ever visits me. I was really confused but scared at the same time, it could be someone trying to kill me or break in and steal my belongings. I waited for a bit and there was another knock, and I crept up to my door. 

I slowly opened it and saw Lucas. I was surprised that he's actually here; I thought he was ignoring me. He did tell me taking home was a one time thing, so I assumed us talking would be one time as well.

"Hi, I wasn't expecting anyone here tonight." I say.

"Yeah, just came here to talk. Sorry I should've called or something, but I didn't know how I would get your number." He told me.

"I don't have a phone, but if you give me your number i could call you using a payphone or the work phone." I say too quickly. 

Why was I saying this, it's not like we are gonna form a relationship. He was rude to be and it already seemed like he didn't like me; it's so confusing.

"You don't have a phone? Why not?" I questioned in a surprised manner.

"No, I don't really need a reason to have one." I say kinda lying, but not really.

"Well, anyways I wanted to talk to you." He says.

"Okay, umm come in. I don't have a couch but let me go find a chair for you." I say.

I go into one of my old storage closets and take out a foldable chair, I open it up and place it neat my kitchen. I stand in the kitchen while he sits down and faces me.

"Here is your money back, not sure why you left it on my desk but I don't need it." He puts money on my table but I don't take it I just leave it there.

"The money is my debt that I owe you, don't pretend you forgot that you paid for 3 years of my education. It's a lot of money and I want to pay you back everything." I tell him.

"There is no reason to do that, I paid it and it was a gift to you. You can't pay back a gift. Please I don't want or need your money. I'd rather have you live without having a huge debt to payoff." He tells me.

"I understand that you don't need it but I feel guilty, we don't have a proper friendship or relationship in general, so I feel like I just took money from a strangers." I sigh.

"I'm not a stranger, you know me Liv. Just relax and you don't have to pay me back." He insists.

"I don't know." I say kind of giving up. The my stomach growled really loudly.

"Oops sorry about that." I blush.

 I take out my food from the microwave and grab a fork. 

"Do you want some?" I ask him hoping he would say no.

"You're starving and you're gonna eat a microwave dinner?" He says creating an awkward feeling.

"Uh yeah, it's my favorite. Mac and cheese with extra cheese." I say in a positive manner.

"Yeah I know, but you shouldn't eat things that have to be freaking nuked." He said meaning the microwave. 

"It's just easy to make and I'm busy." I say. 

Things were seeming to be normal a bit and I feel like this was how we were in college, just having a regular conversation with each other. 

"You know what, I haven't had dinner and I am super hungry." He says.

"Go home and cook or go get food." I tell him.

"That's a great idea, let go get some food." He tells me smiling a bit.

"What? With you?" I asked confused. 

Why would he want to take me out this late?

"Yeah come with me, we could go anywhere you want to eat. Say it and we will go." He says.

"Anything?" I question with a smirk.

"Yes anything." He is still grinning, he's in such a playful mood.

"Can we go get In-N-Out?" I haven't had it forever and I needed to satisfy my craving I've had forever. I suggest the restaurant and I am afraid that he won't approve.

"That is perfect! I haven't had In-N-Out in so long, my trainer has be on a strict diet because I need to look fit at public events." He states.

"Should we take the bus or walk? It's not too far from here, maybe only 2 miles. The bus might not be working on the way back though." I suggest to him.

"No need for that, we could take my car." He says.

"That works too, should we go now?" I asked.

"Yeah, just toss the frozen dinner and go." He tells me.

"That's a waste. I will just refreeze it, I could eat it in a few days." I say.

"Few days? You shouldn't eat that shit in general. It's so bad for you. You need to buy better things when you go grocery shopping." He lectures.

"I would if I could." I say under my breath.

"What do you mean?" He asked me while I put the food in the freezer and go to my like bag to change my pants.

"I can't afford to get food like that. I have to settle for things that are cheap and quick." I am not ashamed of what I could get, it's who I am and it won't change.

"That's really bad Liv, I don't know how you're still sane. We could go to the grocery store after In-N-Out. I am sure they'll still be opened." He suggests.

"No that's not necessary but thanks." I find some leggings to wear.

"Well just know I will be paying for your meal." He says.

"Umm, I could pay for my own." I say, and continue saying, "Also can you turn around so I could change my bottoms?"

"Oh yeah sorry." He turns around.

My leggings have a small tear in the knee, that was from when I slipped in the rain while getting off the bus. But they're the only pair I own so I have to make them last. I am ready to go get food with Lucas, I bring some cash just in case.

"I'm ready." I say to him.

"Great, let's go." He replies 

We both walk out of my apartment and out to his car.