Chapter 1: A Secret Worth Exposing?

AN: Welcome to my first story on here, and this is my first Paw Patrol fanfic. Hope you guys enjoy! ^~^

Exposure

Chapter 1

Marshall's POV

I hear a faint voice echoing outside. My ears twitch. I have been awakened. Tuning into the noise outside the pup house, I recognize that it's a megaphone. Chase's, to be exact, and he's going around waking all the pups up from their peaceful slumber early in the morning as usual. He's not exactly gentle with it, either, often times the german shepherd yells right in your ear or just repeats the same line over and over till you show symptoms of waking up from the "Don't-Wake-Me-Up" disease. And yes, I made that up just now, but it fits the situation, because almost none of us are early risers other than him. Our leader. Perking up a bit, the sounds of foot paws against concrete grab my attention. It's time. I don't want to get up, and since I'm already somewhat awake, the megaphone blaring in my ears doesn't seem too evil this morning at least.

Knock knock. There it is. First it's a light rapping on the door with his paw, and then it's the ever-so-loud megaphone that haunts every pups' dreams and nightmares. A few seconds pass. Wait, could it be, Chase the police pup not using his megaphone for the first time in Paw Patrol history? With me of all pups... oh boy, I must be really special. My paw floats up to reach for the button—'cause I'm still groggy and exhausted—to unlock the door to my pup house for him. The sound of his foot paws lightly clanging against the metal of the pup house ring in my ears, but nothing else, my eyes still closed, waiting for a possible sound ambush of abnormal proportions. His snout brushes against my own instead, and the fuzzy feeling it provides creates a warmness in my cheeks. This opposed to a hard slap in the ears is much preferable, and I open my eyes without a moment's hesitation, offering the german shepherd a grateful smile in return for his kindness.

"Mornin' Chase..." I mutter, still quite out of it, but trying to muster the strength to show my appreciation.

"Good morning, Marshall. Get up as soon as you can. Time for morning yoga." The shepherd offers me another smile and waltzes out of my pup house. No megaphone invasion included with this day's sunrise. I still can't get over it; Chase had chosen me to experiment on not waking us up with his irksome speaker. Yawning and stretching, I shake my body to jolt it awake then trot out of my pup house. I squint my eyes. The sun is rising and it's blinding. Where are some sunglasses when I need them? My blue eyes spot Chase waiting for me to start yoga; all the pups having already woken up and gotten their mats in place on the grass. I dash up to the grass and grab a red mat from our toy box nearby and set it next to Zuma's, who is at the end of the line of pups. I took that honor away from him, though. I chuckle to myself, and watch Chase take his place in front of us, preparing to lead us in yoga. He's got his head up in the air, as if he were the general of an army of pups, looking down on us like we were his troops. Hopefully we don't get any military drills.

The german shepherd begins with the downward dog pose, having us hold it for a minute. Then, he commands that we do the warrior pose, holding that one is tougher. I glance at the other pup's, nearly all of them are falling over, except Zuma who knows how to balance himself well since he windsurfs. I watch Chase, his deadpan expression penetrating through our eyeballs all the way down to the fur on our coats. He notices me eyeing him, and he breaks this serious aura around him to smile at me, only at me. I furrow my brows at him, hopefully sending the message that I don't comprehend this treatment, and he only chuckles to himself and shakes his head. We go through more poses, some pups doing well and some not so well, but at the end, just for fun, Chase has us do a tailspin. Like Pup Pup Boogie and any other time I try to do that move, I fail, and I mess up hard, usually involving knocking into somebody or an object. This time around, I swear, doing the move again and watching as my vision blurred I knew I was going to crash into one of the pups. It's time for Russian Roulette to decide who's the next target. After a few seconds I feel my tail swiveling off the mat and onto the grass, how it keeps spinning on the green blades is beyond me, but this curiosity is killing me. A few more seconds and... bam! I crash into somebody, but I don't know who, I wasn't concentrating on the sound of their yip.