Chapter 9: Stay With Me

Exposure

Chapter 9

Day 4

Chase's POV

I wake up bright and early as usual, and I'm more than ready to tackle the day. Morning yoga? No problem. Training? Ain't going to kick my butt today! Jolting myself awake with a good shake, I walk out of my pup house with a bounce to my step. My nostrils breathe in the crisp cool morning air, the sun rising just above the horizon. It's early. My job is to wake up the rest of the pups, but oddly enough, the whole gang is waiting for me! Their mats are set up on the grass and everything, and seeing this, I dash over to take on my leader position.

A certain mix breed eyes me as I prepare my own mat, which the pups have put out for me. A kind gesture indeed; however, that devilish glare Rocky is giving me right now... definitely not appreciated. Ignored. Taking a deep breath in, I begin the yoga session with the same moves we always do, and throughout the whole thing, Rocky continues to pierce his gaze into my skull. It was hard for the dally not to notice, which, I found really disheartening, since I wanted to focus my attention on him instead, but even his gaze had been focusing elsewhere.

After yoga, we have breakfast, and not too much later, Ryder has us begin training. It's the same thing, the mix breed has his attention focused on me more often than not, and I find it distracting and irritating. Ryder even notices this, and reprimands Rocky for it, commanding him to run a few extra laps around the obstacle course. Good, I think to myself, he'll finally stop staring at me now. Once his punishment was finished, the mix breed stumbles over to me and taps me on the shoulder with his front paw. "Hey," he manages, slightly out of breath, "did you think about it?"

I shake my head. "I gotta ask Marshy."

The mix breed scowls and shakes his own head in disapproval. "Hurry up, please. I can't wait this long."

I let out a long groan under my breath. "Alright, fine. I'll go ask him right now." Stomping off in the opposite direction, I head over to the Lookout, hoping the dally is in there. Past the glass doors, I look around and see no traces of the dalmatian anywhere on the first floor. I sigh and let the elevator take me up to the second floor where I notice Marshy sitting by the pepperoni flavored treat dispenser. I giggle. Even after breakfast he's still hungry? Sneaking up to him, I whisper, "Boo!" near his floppy spotted ear. He jumps and yips.

Turning around, the dally's eyes widen when he sees me and giggles. "Heheh, what are you doing here, Chasey?"

"I need to ask you a question from Rocky," I say, my tone dead even. I don't even want to bring this up or even mention it, because I already know his answer.

The dally squints his brows at me and hums. "Okay... what's the question?" I can already tell he's getting suspicious.

"Well..." I fail to make eye contact with him. "He was wondering if... you'd be okay with the three of us having sex together." I gulp.

The dally sighs, his ears drooping slightly after I mentioned it. "I dunno... I'd rather it be just us for our first time, ya know?"

I mull over his answer for a bit. I can't say I'm not curious of what it would be like. "Yeah, agreed." There's a silence that befalls the two of us. "I'll... go let him know your answer." Turning around, I walk back toward the mix breed, who, I'm assuming is still chilling outside for me.

Sure enough, Rocky is waiting on the grass for me, and I tread forward, but I do so with my head down and at a slow pace. I'm hoping this will convey the message for me, so I don't actually have to say it. "Hey, Rocky..." I say once I'm right in front of the mix.