▪️Chapter 6

Jourdan Riane
Monday, 6:15 pm

"Please, please, please be there," I mumbled, picking up my pace. I chewed on the inside of my lip, checking the time on my phone.

A couple hours ago, I decided to get a couple more applications from other stores that I haven't went to, just incase the flower show doesn't turn out well. After that, I had asked a couple people to take a few pictures of me for my Instagram, which resulted in me losing track of time, and now I'm in a hurry to get to my destination before it closes.

Cutting around the corner, I could see Miss.Lilly in the distance, locking up for the night.

"Wait! Miss.Lilly!" I called, getting her attention, slowing down to a fast walking pace.

"Oh hey, it's nice to see you again, how are you?" She greeted, placing a hand on her hip.

"I'm fine...it's good to see you...too!" I breathed in between words, trying to catch my breath.

"It's ok, I'm not in a rush. What is it that you need, dear?"

Once my heart rate went back to normal, I answered her.

"I just wanted to drop off my application. I came by Saturday, but you guys are closed on the weekends. So, now I'm here," I informed, handing her my paper work.

She nodded, grabbing the paper from me, and skimming through it. Not really knowing what to do next, I began saying my goodbyes in hopes of her calling me back for an interview.

Pulling my purse higher onto my shoulder, I took a step in the other direction until she spoke.

"You got the job."

Stopping in my tracks, I snapped my head at her in shock.

"I'm hired?"

"Yes ma'am," she smiled, folding the paper back up and putting it into her bag. She then took her keys back out and inserted them into the door to unlock it.

A wave of happiness ran through my body. Who knew getting a job would be this easy? Now I can finally get my car back! I am beyond happy right now.

"Wow! Thank You So Much! You don't know how bad I needed this job," I thanked, engulfing her in a hug.

"It's no problem, dear," she chuckled, hugging me back. "I saw potential in you right when you first walked into my shop."

Her comment warmed my heart. She is so sweet.

Once we pulled away, I followed behind her as she lead me into the shop.

Going behind the front desk, I watched as Miss.Lilly looked through a few files, pulling out more sheets of paper. She stapled the pages together and handed them to me.

"Does starting tomorrow at 9, sound ok?"

No. But I'll try.

"Yes ma'am, that's fine."

"Great. Make sure you fill out that packet and bring it back with you in the morning. I'll have August give you a rundown of how we do things around here, and what's expected."

My body tensed up at the mention of his name. I am aware that August and I will be working at the same place, but I wasn't expecting us to have the same schedule too.