Four: Not Very Graceful, Afterall

• Dedicated to a lost friend (CB)

"This isn't funny, Dean. The voice says I'm almost out of minutes."

-Castiel

.........................................

"Why don't you just call Dean?" Meridian asked Castiel. "How come you have to leave me?"

"Cellular devices are not my communicational preference." Castiel answered, not meeting her gaze.

"And why not?" Castiel took a deep breath.

"I don't approve of my speaking time being limited by a disembodied voice who claims I don't have enough minutes. Really, how do humans think time works?" Meridian shrugged.

"When do you think you'll be back?"

"I can't answer that." Meridian sighed. She hated having conversations with Castiel. He was too awfully technical and it was obnoxious in her opinion. Not to mention he called her by her angelic name rather than Meridian. And she especially hated the idea of being left alone when she was being hunted. Dean and Sam were off looking for clues on the town murders, which she didn't understand because of the larger matter at hand. Castiel was preparing to leave when Sam and Dean walked through the hotel door, arguing about something she presumed was irrelevant to the current circumstances.

"I'm telling you, Sam! Godzilla would so take King Kong." Dean was saying.

Yep, definitely irrelevant.

"King Kong's got opposable thumbs, Dean. And his speed an agility give him the advantage." Sam countered.

"Hey!" Cas yelled. They both stopped in their tracks, giving him their attention and leaving their dumb argument at rest. "Where the hell have you two been?" he demanded.

"We picked up dinner. You forget that humans need food and sleep in order to stay alive, not fairy dust and the belief of little boys and girls." Meridian couldn't help but smile at Sam's comment. He wasn't nice being soulless and all, but he sure was entertaining.

......................................

three hours later...

......................................

Sherlock groaned at the loud crashing and banging of the people residing in the room above him, John and the Doctor. "That's it!" Sherlock jumped up, putting on his coat and opening the door.

"What's it?" the Doctor asked from the kitchen area of the hotel room. He was sat on a stool, goggles on and tools in hand, trying to repair his sonic screwdriver, the TARDIS in its own repair mode outside.

"I absolutely cannot stress enough the wish I have for the Queen to put us at war with this unintelligible, rotten vegetable of a country!" Sherlock was starting toward the stairwell.

"Oh, come on now- isn't that bad! Just having some fun, eh? It doesn't bother me any." the Doctor said in an attempt to calm Sherlock down. "We can do this without being hostile, mind you..."

"I'm done being nice to these inconsiderate, fast-food eating, firework-shooting, absolute twat-balls of human beings."

"Sherlock, don't-" Sherlock began banging on the door as loud as he could.

"Open up you orangutans!" he yelled at the door. Meridian was the first one there, putting her hand to the knob to open it, but being harshly pulled back by Dean.

"What the hell are you doing?" he demanded.

"Somebody's at the door." Meridian answered.

"Get away from it," Dean ordered. She just stared at him. "Get away from it!" Dean pulled his gun as she brought herself back, the door opening and Dean staring out at the curly-haired Sherlock and bowtie-wearing Doctor.