Chapter 1

"She had these scars that men feared getting, but instead of hiding them she loved showing them off" He said "And that's one of the things I love about her, but what I admire her for is that her heart was broken several times but she still manages to smile." He continued.

Milos was sitting in the cafe with his best friend Li, when she asked him about his crush on her best friend:" When I look at her beautiful gray eyes I can see the pain she hides, the pain she had been facing her whole life." He continued." But , what if she doesn't like you back?" Asked Li, he smirked , but it wasn't that type of rude smirks, and he looked away, and saving him from answering, his phone rang, he looked at it, he smiled,
and then showed it to Li:"We're late, we have to head to the library, that's why she's calling." He said as he declined and shoved his phone into his backpack.

Minutes later the two arrived at the library they got in and saw her sitting on table # 5 her favorite, and she was reading. they headed towards the table and she sensed their presence so she said:" Have a seat, I figured out why she moved to a new city we just need to find out what happened to her friends jot our answers down and we're done with the our last project." they looked at her in awe:" you've finished a hundred pages in 2 days!" asked Li with a voice that disturbed the library keeper and made her sush the girl. She ignored Li's question and gave each of the two a paper on which she had printed an outline for the answers to their French elective class then she explained the hundred pages she had read in the past 2 days to the two as they stared in awe.

An hour later Li and Milos were out of the library, but she said she was going to stay there for a couple more hours, and she was going to meet them in the nearby café to tell them something important. "Why does she stay in the library for that long?" Asked Milos. Ever since she found that locket in that wiped out diary in her belongings she had been searching every library and book shop in LA, to find out what the signs on it mean and what do they stand for?" Li replied :" she never knew who her parents were neither did she know how they died , or whether they are still alive, and she had been hoping the signs could tell her something.

Two hours later she came in, her flaming red hair let loose and getting over her face as she looks around for the two, when she finds them, her gray eyes sparkling with excitement, she heads to sit next to them.
"So what did you want to tell us?" Asked Li.
"Remember that locket I told you about?" She answered
"Yeah?" Li and Thomas said
" It turned out that the signs written inside the locket belong to an ancient language and it was only spoken by one tribe, they read:" Irises dance to the beautiful news of their sister born at mid winter. Princesses shall be crowned my beautiful darling." I spent ages t.."
" Wait, wait, wait." interrupted Li her green eyes narrowing at what that, Milos gave her a questioning look:" You said:" There sister, born at mid winter." " Li continued
"So.......?"Asked Milos
"There is something wrong with the sentence. "she replied instead of Li:"I know irises bloom in late spring, not mid winter; the book that I translated the language from, the only book speaking about the language or the tribe because according to it nobody had spotted anyone that is related to this tribe since 8 years, the book says:" the tribe had rulers, a king, his wife the queen, and their only daughter the princess who was born at mid winter, the princess was lost when she was 10 years old, and no one has ever found her." she continued, Li seemed to start getting the point, however Milos still had this questioning look on his face, and it was clear he needed more explanation.
" the locket wasn't wrong, the book says the princesses name was Iris, so the signs on the locket weren't wrong , it was clearly pointing to the princess Iris and not the real irises; which brings us to an important question..."
"Yeah, how did the locket end up with you, I mean how did it end up in that dairy?" Asked Milos
" Exactly" She said:" They told me in the orphanage that they found it with me when they found me."
" The locket clearly belonged to the princess of that tribe, since the locket speaks to her. Right?" Said Li after thinking for a moment.
" Yeah, supposedly." She answered.
" Wait, the book..!" Milos said who was starting to put things into place too.
"Yeah, I thought about that too, I researched the authors name, he lives in LA, 24 years old, and he is known for writing books about herbology." She said
" We live close by, we could go pay him a visit if you like." Li said
" That's why I brought you here, I wanted to ask you if you would like to go with me." She said
"Yeah sure thing, it would be awsome, it's like a quest for finding the true owner of the locket." Said Milos
" It is a quest for finding the true owner of the locket, and I'm so in!" Li exclaimed.
------------------
God!! This is so exciting, but weird, this is the first thing I've ever uploaded on wattpad, I hope you guys like it, whoever you are😅.
And have a good day❤️