The Cursed Table

Accounting, or the equivalent name to Satan's bred devilish son. It was the cancer in Yoongi's life. What made it ironical was that he was good at it; exceptional even. He touched the top 20 in his university on his first year's examinations and was greeted with a standing ovation by his family all the way from Korea. But that didn't mean he particularly enjoyed sitting in lectures, learning about taxations and loss and profits. It hacked away at his brain cells, that was all it ever did for him.

Class ended with a deflated 'That's it for today' from the professor as he slinks away with his oversized cardigan and wired rimmed glasses. The students filed out of the lecture hall, some still reading from the notes, others simply disregarding whatever they learnt, opting for the lunch as a choice of topic. Yoongi pulls his beanie further down, touching his sparse eyebrows as he walks pass one of the many school cafeterias. It was a habit of his to avoid eye contact as much as possible. If it wasn't obvious enough, he wasn't exactly the glamorous social butterfly. He fit the description of a grim reaper more perfectly.

"Hey! Yoong-io!"

Yoongi grimaces at that awful pet name. Ah, he was so close to the radio station. Kicking himself internally, he scolds himself for not taking the back road. He would've made it there by now, cuddling in the cosy room with the musty smell of old records. For some reason, today, he wanted to walk through the maze of students. Call it fate.

The monstrous sound came before the fatal attack, comparable to being mauled by a bear. Hoseok launches onto Yoongi's small frame, accompanied by his signature laugh. Like a strangled seal, Yoongi had said. Despite his grouchy shoving and grumbling, there was a smile on his lips. Over the span of days, he had acquired a new friend. He was Yoongi's ball of sunshine and his energizer. Hoseok's presence in Yoongi's life has been quite the blessing; lighting up his days even when he was at his grumpiest. Even though the friendship did have an odd start to it.

---

Yoongi's brother was hysterical over the phone. "You guys made out like three times but you're not together neither are you friends with benefits? What the fuck is that!"

He sighs at his brother's outburst. He does have a tendency to be melodramatic when it came to things like this. "It just didn't feel right. We bonded so well as friends but nothing more. Even he agrees. And I don't want to lose my virginity just because. Call me a prude."

It was a fact: Yoongi loved making out with Hoseok. The make outs they had was always filled with smiling kisses and little chuckles. It was a fact: Yoongi did get aroused whenever they made out. He was hesitant to let loose at first but it always felt amazing to have Hoseok on top of him. It was a fact: There just wasn't anything special between them.

"You're picky. That's what you are," his brother had said.

For a second, he wondered if he was in fact picky. Hoseok was special in a different way. An unexpected friend that got on Yoongi's list of favourite people. But there wasn't the spark he was looking for. Eventually, the two boys agreed their dynamic felt better as friends.

At the same time, Hoseok reminded him of his brother a little too much. The resemblance, personality wise, was uncanny. And frankly, it was put off. Yoongi definitely did not want to picture his brother while making out on his bed.

"Don't stress out hyung. I've got another date this Friday night so we'll see how that goes."

A freshman by the name of Jeon Jungkook was to be his next date.