Soulmates Bruises

"Mom I got another bruise"

"Where, sweetheart? How bad is it this time?"

"On my leg...mom?"

"Yes dear?"

"I just got another one."

"Did you pinch yourself?" She laughs slightly.

"Mom, it's serious! I'm getting more by the second!" My voice croaked then broke.

"Hey darling!" Is all I hear her shout.

Somehow I'm on the ground. Mom's yelling about something.

The blackness welcomes me with open arms and I feel safe.

~~~~~~~~

I can't believe she just broke up with me in front of everyone!  I think to myself while pressing on the gas with each word.

I toss the bottle on the passenger seat, Maybe they'll find it. They'll call it an accident. 

I throw the tie on the bottle.  I can start to breathe now. I need to slow down I tell myself.  But the car just keeps speeding down the highway.

When did I get on the highway?  I don't remember anything except Jennifer. Omg Jennifer she broke it off!  After spending half our lives together,  she just brakes it off! Funny that's what I am doing.

BY the time I see the lights in my eyes it's too late. Glass shatters and cuts up my legs, forehead. There's so much blood! The last thing I can see clearly is the sea of red.

I wonder if the other guys okay.  Oh god what if I killed him? I listen for crys, screams anything really to indicate that he's okay. I don't hear anything for quite some time.

"My baby!"

Omg it's a woman! And she's pregnant!  What if I killed her unborn child? Oh please God help me! Let me take this poor baby's place! It's my fault that He's even dead! Please don't let that poor child die because of my bad decision!  I'll give my own life for him to live!

Just then I can see the strobe lights of red and blue. I hear distorted voices telling me what to do. I don't, no I can't hear what they are saying. I'm being put into the back of an ambulance.

"We have one confirmed fatality." Then I blackout

~~~~~~~~

Beep beep beep beep beep

Why isn't my alarm clock turning off? Where am I? The lights just blind me. The air tastes stale and clean, too clean if you ask me. Oh no I'm in a psychos house!

"You needed a new lung and we had to amputate your leg." Said the strange voice. Was it even attached to a body?

The baby! I tried to say but all that came out was "dur burb" I'm in a neck brace?

There's someone on the bed next to me.

"Who?" I croaked

"I'm Elise, nice to finally meet you!"

"Do I knerw yor?"

"No but your the reason that I'm in here."

"Omg is your baby okay?"

"I was never pregnant."

"Then what happened?"

"You hit into a tree. Do you not remember?"

"No I don't."

"Then why are you here? In the hospital I mean?"

"Because we're soulmates," soulmates?  How could we be soulmates?  Why would she be in the hospital then? "Yeah that seemed less weird in my head..."

"How-?"

"Did I get put into the hospital?"

"Yeah..."

"Well I blacked out as soon as you hit the tree maybe a bit after."

"Then why did I hear a woman shouting about her baby?"

"My mother was scared and you must have heard her."

"Wait, how am I your soulmate then?"

"Because I have the exact same bruises as you." She states so simply.

"well I guess we're meant to be."

"What's your name?" She has this cute little dimple under her eye as she asks.

Maybe I should give her a fake name do she'll never find me. But I look at her and all that tumbles out is "Ethan."

"I like that name." Her voice sounds like a song. "mine is Mia-Jade just because you were wondering."

Mia-Jade is the perfect name for her.

~~~~~~~

It's funny how something so amazing can come out of something so terrible. I lost a girl only to get the girl. I'm writing this as my sweet Mia-Jade is asleep. It's our wedding night and I am so glad we both got hurt to be able to grow and pick ourselves, together.

Next time you get a bruise you aren't sure where it came from. Remember that is where your soulmate got hurt.