Chapter 1: Genesis

Authors Note: Read the Prologue so you won't be lost as to what's going on here
I appreciate it, thanks and enjoy the story, my lovelies

I stared, eyes wide. All I saw was beauty. He looked like he was about 5"10, taller than me because I'm only 5"5. His skin was pale, like sugar, and his unemotional crimson eyes resonated with my soul. His short, windswept pitch black hair glittered in the daylight. He had monolids, so he looked Asian, or at least of Asian descent. I scanned down his body with my grey eyes. A white shirt complimented with a leather jacket looked phenomenal on him.  He was wearing ripped black jeans with black combat boots, so this whole outfit made him look almost like a biker.

A really attractive biker.

Luckily, I wasn't easily swooned by looks.

He stunk...really bad. I inferred he was a demon. The strong smell of sulfur overtook the house. It made me lose my appetite.

"Hyooji..." He whispered in a deep, raspy voice, whilst reaching out his gloved hand. He smiled politely. I didn't really trust demons, they tend to be deceitful and self centered... but that's based on his race, of course. I decided not to judge him.

My mother summoned her wings. Those four, beautiful, white wings that gave off a blue aura. I envied them so much... Which is a sin, so if I lived in the Holy Land, I would've probably been hung already. Or crucified. They really like that medieval torture device.

I grabbed Hyooji's hand. As soon as I did, he pulled me into his chest, which miraculously smelled like cologne and not shit. Immediately, my mother grabbed me by my shoulders and pulled me into her body.

"What is it, Hyooji?" My mother hissed. She has no trust for demons at all; they killed her parents when she was about 14 years old, forcing her to live with her sickly aunt and uncle.

Hyooji summoned his wings this time. They were huge, 4 of them, black and bat-like. Underneath the leathery texture of his wings, something glowed red, like a heated charcoal. He wanted to show his power; He was just as powerful as she was.

They both put their wings away. Fighting would demolish the house... and the neighborhood. My mother didn't want to put me in danger, so she grabbed my sweaty hand.

"Um... excuse me Hyooji." I mumbled. "You smell terrible, could you please turn that smell off?"

"Sorry, it's natural." He apologized. The smell weakened, but it was still strong.

"No, it's fine." My mother said.

Hyooji cleared his throat. "I-"

"Skip to the important part. Why are you here?" My mother rudely interrupted. We had things to worry about, she had a Shaman's appointment and I needed to get my hair cut. It was already getting too long to manage; My frizzy brown hair started to reach my tailbone.

Hyooji made his way to the couch. He sat down and crossed his legs.

"I heard you were the rumoured renegades. The nomads among the humans. And I have really bad news from Hell and Holy Land." He whispered. He then looked around to check if anyone was listening. "Both cities are looking for you. Holy Land wants your heads served on a platter for Archangel Michael to devour and Hell wants your wings to fuel Satan's power. I don't give a fuck who gets you, I just don't want to be destroyed."

"What do you mean 'destroyed'?" I questioned. "Satan doesn't want to destroy you, right? He gave you those powers."

He started to fidget with his jacket. "He doesn't care about us. He wants the End Times to start now. The more divination he consumes, the stronger he'll become. Divination is located in wings. Once he takes your wings, he'll take ours, and the rest of the Seraphim's. If he wins, we all die and misery takes over the Earth. He wants to make a new race out of us. And I honestly don't want to die. Not right now."

"Wait... Does the rest of the Demons know? And the faeries? And the-" I was getting anxious.

"No, they don't know." He intercepted. "The Demons don't want any beef with the Seraphim. We honestly want to live in peace. It's not us who wants to fight. Yeah, we're trouble makers and a little mischievous, and yeah, we hate humans... but that's about it."

My mother sighed. Hyooji looked at my mother. "Elsara, do you know what I am?" He asked her.

She looked in shock. How did he know her name? "Yes, you're a Demon."

"Wrong. I'm a Korean. I just happen to be supernatural. Don't label us. Someone is after you, especially. He wants a bride. But it's not my job to tell you all of that." He stood up and proceeded to walk to the door. "Good luck."

"Aren't you going to help us?" I barked.

Hyooji turned around. "Every man for himself and God for us all." He walked out the door, leaving the terrible scent and terrible thoughts going through our minds.

I guess I'm not getting my hair cut today.