Chapter 33 Winter Vacation!

Chapter 33

Katniss Pov.

"Winter Vacation!" I yell as we walk out of the doors of school.

Cato walks over to us, uh oh. "Hey guys."

"Hey." we say in sync nervously.

"So I was wondering if you wanted to come to my family's ski resort for a week. I wanted to get to know you guys. After all I'm on a football team with Thresh, Finnick, Peeta, and Gale. Would you want to go?" he asks.

All of us can read each other's minds because we all know what the other is thinking so we all say yes.

"Great! You can follow us in your cars if you want. I can take one person but I don't know if anyone wants to drive with us." He offers.

Cato and the guys have gotten to know each other because they play football together. The girls have gotten to know each other because we cheer for them. I was against the idea completely, so was Jojo, but Peeta's birthday was around tryouts and he begged me to tryout. I tried to throw the tryouts, but they still picked me. Probably because the captain is Cashmere, who is still a good friend of mine. I hope our groups all hang out after the break. We go home and pack. I say goodbye to Prim and my mom. I make sure that my mom is going to take care of Prim, although she's been doing what most mothers do lately, I want to make sure she won't just ignore Prim. Prim has a phone that I got her so she can call me if mom isn't taking care of her and T's mom said she can stay over as much as she likes because Rue is there. Finnick pulls up with Peeta and Annie. The four of us are driving together. T is going to drive with Cato because I forgot to mention, he's dating Clove. I'm not gonna lie, we were all shocked when we found out, but now that we've seen them together, they're the perfect couple. Jojo and Gale are driving together because the two of them didn't want to be squished in Finnick's car. Annie and Finn are in the front and Peeta and I are in the back. Peeta pulls out his iPad. He plays Despicable Me 2 because he knows I can't help but laugh at those crazy minions. We watch it and fall asleep towards the end.

------------------------------------------

I wake up to Peeta shaking me until I wake up.

"What?" I ask sleepily, my eyes still closed.

"We're here." he tells me.

I get out of the car and see the giant resort.

"Whoa." Is all I can say.

We go inside and Cato takes us to the top floor. We all get to have 'room buddies'. There's only two beds per room so I tell Annie and Jojo to share. I'm sure Cashmere will want to share with me.

"Kat want to-" she starts.

I finish her sentence, "share?"

She laughs, "that's what I was gonna say!"

We go to our room and unpack.

Here's who is sharing rooms with who:

Me and Cashmere

Jojo and Annie

Clove and Glimmer

Peeta and Finnick

Gale and Thresh

Marvel and Gloss

Cato gets his own

We all meet up to go skiing and snowboarding and sledding. I stick to sledding because I've always been clumsy in snow and sledding doesn't require any athletic ability. As long as you can push yourself down a hill and make sure you don't hit a tree. Cashmere doesn't like snow sports either so we sled together. Peeta and the other guys are all having their 'snowboarding competition' I told them they were crazy. Annie, Jojo, Clove, and Glimmer attempt skiing but soon meet Cashmere and I for sledding. I honestly think this trip is going to be fun.