Part 1

"We can't take risks like this." Lilly began. "And we can't just let people die, either." Carley shot back.

"When I SAY, "that door stays shut no matter what" I fucking mean it." Lilly snarled, "We don't know who these people are; they could be dangerous!"

"We have kids with us." The African American man said, trying to calm the aggravated Lilly. "I see ONE little girl." Said Larry, it was clear he was on his daughter side. The man in the button up looked at his daughter concerned. She said something and then he mouthed, "In a minute."

Carley glared at her, "They have kids, Lilly." Glenn said, taking the newcomers sides. "Those things outside don't care." Lilly said in a venomous voice. "Maybe you should join 'em, then. You'll have something in common!" I stifled a laugh at the mustache man's comment.

"I don't give a flying fuck! We're in a war zone!" Larry growled. The girl was wandering over to the bathroom no one was paying attention. "She's the leader here, but it looks like she's losing control of her people." The dark skinned man said,

"If you were in my shoes than you'd be th--"

"Ho-ly SHIT!" Larry interrupted. "Son of a bitch, one of them is bitten!"

"He wasn't bitten." The leader of the newcomers stated.

"Hell he wasn't." Larry sneered, "We have to end this, now."

"Over my dead body." The man with the mustache narrowed stood to his feet and now was in front of his son and wife. "We'll dig one hole." Larry said, his eye brows tightening into a glare. "No I'm cleaning him up! There's no bite! He's fine!" The woman interrupted nervously.

"Don't you fucking people get it? We've already SEEN this happen. We let someone with a bite stay and-and WE all end up bitten!" He argued.

The boy's father stood up, "Shut up." The mustache man looked on the verge of attacking Larry.

"We gotta throw him out! Or smash his head in!" Larry resorted. "Kenny stop him!" The woman yelled fearing for the child.

"Lee what do we do with this guy?" The father asked, "But your heart, dad. You need to calm down." Lilly intervened. "We reason with him." The man now identified as Lee said.

"With the bloody end of an axe-handle, maybe! Nobody threatens my boy!" I gritted my teeth... I knew where this was going. "Everyone CHILL THE FUCK OUT!" Carley exclaimed.

"Nobody is doing ANYTHING." Lilly hissed, "Shut up, Lilly!" Her father snapped, "And YOU. Shut the fuck up." Lady cursed at Carley, he turned back around, "They will find us and they will get in here, and none of this will fucking matter." I chewed at my cheek, Larry was pissed and this was going no where good. "But right now we're about to be TRAPPED in here with one of those things." Larry's voice was rising by the second.

"What the hell are you talkin' about?" The redneck man asked, "He's bitten! That's how you TURN!" I desperately wanted to intervened but no one would listen to me... a kid.

"He's not bitten," The accented woman stated.

"Lee, stop this! It's upsetting him!" The woman pleaded. "I'm upsetting him? Upsetting is getting eaten alive." Larry said sarcastically. "Dad, we get it it's a big deal." Lilly hissed.

"What if it were your daughter." Lee argued.

"NEVER woulda' happened." Larry plainly. "She's not some snot nosed toddler, ok? She's United States Air Force."