Part 2

My name is Jack, Jack Zanview, few people call me Jackson, 8 years old, I've lived a normal happy life, up until now. Until those things started roaming the streets... until those things caused my parents and older brother to disappear.

My older brother and I learnt of the dangerous infection spreading we immediately went to the restaurant are parents were at with our neighbor Gordon, who could drive, as my brother and I were only eight and fourteen.

We got to the street it was complete chaos, people were running everywhere and there were... those things in the streets eating and biting people.

We got out of the car only to watch one of them dig into Gordon's shoulder, despite my older brother and I wanting to help... we knew we couldn't, we ran into the restaurant in search of our parents, I got lost in the huge crowd of people running, I made my way to the cellar but in the process tripped down a flight of stairs... that's where Carley found me, we found a way into the sewers, she became my guardian, we met up with Glenn, Doug, Lilly and Larry, and we established a shitty group, mainly Lilly and Larry being complete jerks.

And then just earlier today we got here...

Carley says the military will come... and make everything better, and we'll find my family and everything will be ok, but I know that isn't happening, the things I witnessed out there, what happened to Gordon. You can't just stop them.

Short chapter but that's a little backstory on Jack!