Welcome to Our House

Melanie's POV

      Moms screaming at us to get our outfits ready for tomorrow. We all have to look "perfect" she says. Even though we are VERY and I mean VERY far from perfect.

Mom: "Melanie!! Steam your blouse the neighbors are coming over tomorrow!"

      I do exactly that. Everyone gets everything together and we're ready for tomorrow. Most families don't have to do so much work just for some neighbors to come over for dinner. But we're not like most families so we do need the extra work. Once everything is ready we all go to our individual rooms.

  Third party POV

       Mom flops on her bed and pulls out her flask and chugs. She chugs down about five of these before she finally passes out. This is her everyday nightly ritual.

      Dad is at "work" which really means he is at another women's house sleeping with her. Which sadly is also his nightly ritual.

     Brother is in his room and pulls out a bong. He takes three hits then pauses. His eyes dilate. He does this again and becomes high. You can smell it all through the house. I would say this is his night ritual but he does it way more than at night.

      And finally, Melanie. Melanie lays flat on her face on her bed her face smushed into the pillows. She cries. She cries about life, her family, and her non-existent friends.

                       Everyone falls asleep.