The Deal

12:03 am

    "Okay. So that'll $150. And remember you don't tell ANYONE."
"I won't i promise as long as this shit is the good stuff." I hear some random deep voice say.

     Those voices sound like they are coming downstairs. Good thing I'm awake crying into my pillow like I always do because I want to spy on whoever is in my house. I take a few deep breathes and wipe my tears. I quickly splash my face with cold water in an attempt to stop the redness. I dry my face and walk on my tiptoes to my door. I silently turn the handle and slowly creek open the door. My bedroom is right at the top of the stairs so I can see the front door from the door way of my bedroom.

     I peek through the crack staring at my brother and some random guy. The guy is handing him money. Lots of money like $100 or something. I open the door a little more and try to slip through and get a closer look.

   I'm sitting at the top of the stairs hiding behind a railing post. My brother hands the guy a bag. It's full of weed. Oh great! Now my brother not only smokes weed but illegally deals it too. I guess I can add that to the list of problems going on in my family. I wonder how long this has been going on. But before I can even guess my brother notices me SHIT!

   The guy leaves and he walks up the stairs towards me.

"How much did you see?!?" He asks kind of angrily.
"Enough to know that you illegally sell drugs." I say. I'm hoping to get something outta this.
"Are you going to tell?"
"Ooh.. I don't know." I say in a sweet little voice.
"NO YOU CANT TELL!" He whisper yells at me.
"Or what?" I say in the same sweet tone.
"Urrrr... FINE! What if I give you have of the money? Then would you tell?"
"Hmmm I guess not." I say grinning and holding out my hand for the money.

       He hands me $75 dollars and I grab it uncontrollably smiling.

"Thanks for doing business with you! Your secret is safe for now." I say skipping away while I cradle the money.

    He sighs and walks to his bedroom and closes the door. I happy sigh and close my door too. I put the money in a secret hiding spot in my dresser behind all the drawers then flop on my bed. I sit there and think about what I'm going to spend it on. While I think I drift into a sweet sleep.