Prologue: Leech Parasite

He ran through the cold wet sludge of emotionless despair. The slick slime sliding beneath his feet as a swarm of those awful colorful leeches chased him down behind him. He knew that if he paused, even for a moment, the goo would stick to his body. He would freeze on the spot. HE'D BE DEAD ON THE SPOT. so he continued to run. Despite his non existent lungs burning. The over used magic flaring up in his body, causing his bones to burn like fire. But finally, an escape. He stared up at the open hole in the cave like sewer as he ran, jumping up on a small platform that was coated in HIS bile. "Disgusting." He thought as the stuff stuck to his body like glue. Making him sick to his stomach. He reached a hand to the edge of the little tunnel as a leach bit into his thin bony leg. He cried out in pain as he crawled up from the pit of man eating creatures. Just barely escaping a fate worse then death as he fell onto the ground with a thick liquidy splat. The bite hurt so bad, but when he tried to rub his leg he found he could no longer move. His vision blurred slightly as he tried to catch his breath. It was too much for him. The pain was too much. And then he saw him. A creature made of complete darkness. His presence bringing fear to the now trembling child. But at the same time, in an odd way.... hope.
"Please."
He begged to the creature, who only just nodded down at him, bringing his hand to the child's laying side. Almost immediately, the black ooze disappeared and the pain went away, but at a cost. ALL the pain went away. The fear. The doubt. The hope. Soon nothing was left. He felt himself slip away as he fell into a deep sleep.
"Good night Brother."
Was the last thing he heard before he shot up from his bed of twigs and old cloth. The gnomes swarming around him, worried for their friends well being.
Dream: "sigh. I'm fine. It was just a bad dream."
They didn't understand, but that was ok. He patted them on the head as they gathered around the fire for breakfast. The gnomes brought together all they could scavenge for the morning. But just as they where about to dig in...
(RRRRUUUMMMMBBBLLLLEEEE)
The ground around them began to quake. They quickly put out the fires as they scurried away. Looking for different crevices to hide in. One by one the little gnomes where picked off into cages. But Dream managed to escape. Alone now, he had to travel away from the safety of the vents to venture out into the unknown. And maybe find something to eat. Meanwhile a shadowy figure watched him from the distance. A thick smirk plastered behind his white mast. A dark moon on his eye hiding a dark secret.
"Soon brother. We'll be...."