Chapter Three

Present Time

Ethan relied on my arm for support. I looked down at his leg, our combat medic had removed the bullet, cleaned the area and wrap it all up by applying a bandage around his leg.

"How's that leg bro.?" I asked him

"Don't worry about me tough guy, I'll survive" he said with a smile on his face, I smiled back

"Ethan, can you walk?" Asked Zack

"Yeah" he said as he let go of my arm and took a few steps forward on his own, he was limping a bit, but apart from that he seemed okay.

"We've got to move!" yelled General Jackson as he was the first one to carefully leave the rock wall.

The rest of our team begun to follow him carefully.

"Carter, we are keeping Ethan in the middle of the crowd, so he is more protected" said Danny

I nodded as we all started to move forward, keeping Ethan in the middle so he wouldn't run the risk of getting shot again. We were protecting each other. Each of us looking after each other's backs, looking at our sides, carefully keeping a lookout for the enemy as we moved on, and as we did I remembered my brother.

~~~~~

7 years ago

11 years old

"Hey, look out, look out!" yelled my brother as he passed the basketball from across the room, I looked up seconds before the ball could hit my face, I reacted quickly and places my hands in place to catch it.

"Great catch brother!" yelled Charlie, my brother.

My mom clapped and smiled from her seat.

My mom and I had come to San Diego to visit him, he currently was given a break from work from his general, and he was determined to spent every free time possible with me and my mom. Now we were playing basketball right outside his apartment, while my mom sat on a wooden chair that my brother had took out for her.

"Remember Carter, always be alert, always look around and protect your team" he said

"Got it" I said as I threw the ball in the air and watched it go through the basketball hoop. I had asked my brother to teach me some basketball moves as I was planning to join the basketball team next year and I knew he had become a basketball legend at high school.

"Oh man! That was great Carter, man you are going to do great in the team" he said smiling proudly.

"You really think so?" I asked

He grabbed the ball and walked towards me, he looked me in the eye and said

"No I don't think so, I know so" he smiled again and then looked at mom

"Common brother, what do you say if we take mom to eat?" he asked

I nodded happily.

We both walked towards my mom, she stood up, my brother carried the chair and we went inside.

"Alright guys, where would you like to eat? Do you like Chinese food, Hawaiian food, Tacos, Sushi? What would you like?" he said looking as excited as ever.

I smiled and said

"I know mom loves sushi"

"Sushi, lovely then... how about we go to Seaside Buffet, and don't worry about the money, I pay" he said as he grabbed his keys and wallet.