2. Coming Out

Pansy was prancing around the common room, she saw Draco with Harry and Blaise with Astoria and she started to feel lonely. She couldn't possibly tell anyone her secret could she? Would they accept her. The only person she felt comfortable around and trusted was Draco, but he was constantly sucking Harry's face off. She had to tell someone eventually and she thought now was the time. She walked up to Draco and Harry and cleared her throat. Eventually they stopped and looked at her. She sat down opposite them.

"How did you two know you were gay?" They stared blankly at her, "well?" She waited for an answer, not knowing wether or not she was going to get one.

"Well, um-" Harry started off, "I just found myself more attracted to guys than girls. I didn't feel right when I was with Ginny, or Cho. I just experimented and eventually I realised I was gay." He shrugged his shoulders like it wasn't such a big deal.

"I've known since I was 13," Draco yawned, not really caring about the conversation. Harry stared at him, so did pansy. "It was obvious Harry had hit puberty over the summer, what can I say," smirks at Harry, "he was attractive. Why are you asking us this?" Her mind went blank. Should she tell them? She might as well get it over and done with.

She leaned back into the chair and brought her hands up as to say eh, "I like girls" she felt a big weight being lifted off her shoulders.

—————

It was almost 6 o'clock and Hermione was sitting in her common with Ginny, waiting for Ron and Harry to arrive. She decided to read a book to past the time.

It was now 6.30 and she heard the entrance of the common room opening. She saw Harry and Ron walking in.

"About time!" Hermione put her book down and faced the two, "Sit down, I have something to tell you." They both sat down, looking at her curiously. "Right. So I have something to say and I don't think you're going to like it. You have to promise me not to get mad?" She looked at the two and raised her eyebrows. They nodded.

"'Mione your our best friend we aren't gonna get mad," Ron smiled at her. The smile he gave her when he was happy. This made her feel even worse. Would Rom hate her?

"Well, I haven't told anyone this, except Ginny because I knew she would be understanding and I didn't know how you two would react. But the thing is. I'm gay and I didn't know how to say it. I've been keeping it inside for almost 5 months. I'm sorry guys I just didn't know how to tell you." She looked down at her feet, fearing their reaction. She heard laughing and looked up to see Ron staring angrily at her amd Harry laughing "what's so funny?"

"I'm dating Draco. I'm gay Hermione you know that. What're you talking about me not excepting you" he continued laugh, and Hermione seemed a bit happier. They both stopped laughing when they saw Ron's face.

"Listen Ron I'm-" she was cut off by Ron getting up and leaving. She looked at him and he left. I think I just lost my best friend she thought. She was pulled out of her thoughts by Harry's voice.

"Hermione it'll be okay. He'll come around" he smiled at her sweetly. She smiled back. Maybe this was her way of moving on.

"Yeah you're right, well I'm going to go to bed, goodnight Harry" and with that she was off to her dorms

—————

Posted 13/08/17