Chapter Fourteen: Lovely

•| Happy 4/13 everyone. c: |•

•|A few days later|•
•| Dave's POV |•

Dave approached the young Cancer's hive like any other day. They planned to watch a RomCom and just hang out afterwards. Maybe Dave would even stay the night. It all depended on what happened.

Carefully he knocked on the door, then stepped back awaiting his boyfriend to appear. When he showed into view, he smiled lightly.

Karkat opened the door and stepped down onto the same platform as him. He smiled, greeted him with an insult and kissed him sweetly. Their relationship was a little interesting..

Both went inside, Dave made a B-line to the couch and Karkat went into the kitchen. Karkat got a few snacks, when was taking forever. During that time, Dave was pacing nervously around the room, glancing at movies, glancing around. Was he really going to do this?

Karkat came back and set the miscellaneous items on the table. He spoke after about a minute of watching Dave. "Did you choose a movie?"

"Oh what. Yeah. Is this one okay? I don't really know what it's about, but ya know, looks like something you'd watch." Dave half grinned, trying to make a joke out of it. It was probably the most RomCommy movie there was out there.

"Yeah, actually, I'm surprised you picked this one to be honest." Karkat was oddly pleased as he placed the disk into the machine, letting it read, the whole jazz. Then went to go sit.

"Well, I like to mix things up, be a little different." He replied, sitting down also, wrapped an arm around Karkat before the move had even started.

Karkat grinned and pecked him on the cheek, then cuddled up next to him and hit play. Every now and then they'd exchange kisses, whether it was cheek, forehead, lips. But Karkat mainly tried to stay focused on the movie.

That was relatively good for Dave, because he wasn't paying that good of attention. He was actually shaking every now and then. He was scared, worried, stressed.

The movie continued on, with its funny parts and its romantic parts. Dave actually started zoning in to wait for the right moment. Just at about the most sappiest moment, the proposal, Dave paused the movie.

"Dave? What? This is the really good part." Karkat whined a little, looking at him. They were gonna get married soon, and seriously Dave paused it right there.

"I know, but I thought instead of you watching that, why not let it happen to you.." Dave mumbled, keeping a small looking at him.

"W-wait. What?" Karkat stuttered, his eyes widening up a bit. What was going on here? Was he being pinked, one of John's pranks even? What the hell was going on?!

"Karkat." Dave started, getting off the couch. "Come here." He reached his hand down to pull him up, Karkat followed,

Dave walked in front of the television, letting Karkat stand where the newly engaged 'women' was standing in the movie. Dave kneeled down, right about the same spot the male was proposing at.

"Karkat. I love you. We've been through so much, that has only made us so much closer. I know, that we haven't been dating too long, but the things that we've gone through replace the short time length. So, saying that.. Will you, Karkat Vantas, marry me?" Dave spoke up, his words filled with love and care.

Karkat's eyes widened, his mouth was covered by his hands. He was beginning to tear up. "Dave.. I-" he covered his whole face with his hands, really in a state of shock.

Dave stayed down, hopefully awaiting a decent response. He bit his lip, getting a bit more nervous as the seconds went on.

Karkat took a deep breath before smiling like an idiot, "Of course, Dave. Yes. Yes. A million times yes." He went and wrapped his arms around Dave's neck, hugged him tightly.

"Thank god," Dave mumbled to himself before picking the Vantas up and spinning him around. After the quick spin he set him down and gave him a kiss. The best of his life in fact. "I really do love you, you ignorant, worthless son of a bitch." He grinned, sliding the ring onto his finger.

"I love you too, but way more, you incompetent, numbskulled human." Karkat replied with a smile. He was so happy, his face was pretty much stuck in a smile. He took Dave's face and planted another kiss on his lips. That blossomed rather quickly.

After awhile, Dave was lying on the couch, his shades were off, shirt off too. Karkat was laying on top of him, shirt off as well. They finally went back to watching the movie.

"You know, I don't think any RomCom will ever be the same now." Karkat turned to Dave, looking down at him.

"And why's that?" Dave asked, smiling at him.

"Because I'm practically living one, the real, perfect, dream RomCom I was looking for was right here, not something you could buy online or get from the store." Karkat gently traced a spot on Dave's neck, awaiting his response.

To hear Karkat say that them together was like the perfect RomCom made him blush. That was a huge compliment coming from Karkat. "I agree, and I couldn't be happier to know that I'm apart of that 'movie' too."

Karkat closed his eyes for a moment, took in a deep breath, exhaled, and opened up his eyes again. "I love you, Dave."

"I love you too, Karkat."