Chapter 2 (pt. 1)

January 6th, 2017 was the date our relationship became official. I don't think I'll ever forget that date. It's just another group of numbers I have memorized. Along with phone numbers, school id numbers, zip codes, friends' house numbers, etc. They're all something that's written down on a sticky note in my head. It's kinda just... there.
All day, in every single one of my classes, all I could think about was Caleb. The night before, Amira told me he was going to ask me to have an official relationship. So that's all I could think about. I was rushing the time in every class hoping it in five minutes it would finally be 7th period. But since mothers love to get in the way of things, my mom texted me in 6th period and told me she would pick me up at 3:00. Not so I couldn't get asked out by my crush, but because there was a snow storm coming our way. She had to get off work early, drive an hour and a half to my school and pick me up. I'm not complaining, I certainly did not want to be at school when it was snowing, let alone the bus with many screaming kids talking about how it was finally snowing in Georgia.
So, I would leave 3 minutes before 7th period, our only class together. I was bummed out that I couldn't see him that day, so I thought about it all 6th period until my mom came. Suddenly the intercom made a loud beep sound and began to speak. My heart dropped, hoping it wasn't me getting called to be checked out. But just my luck the intercom said, "Can we have Jenna Dorantes for check out please?" My teacher called out yes ma'am and that I would be on my way. I gathered my books, said goodbye to Amira that was silently doing her work next to me. She smiled and waved. The cold temperature hit me once I opened the door as if I were opening a huge freezer with cow meat hanging from the ceiling.
My Teacher called out from behind me and said, "bye Jenna, be safe!" I said goodbye trying not to slam the door behind me since I didn't want the whole trailer park to rattle. God forbid most of my classes were in the trailer park. I didn't mind it until we had to walk in and out of the main building in this cold temperature.
I hurried inside to my locker, grabbed my book bag, and met my mom in the lobby of the school. She was still in her work attire, looking more wealthy than we are. As she greeted me, she asked if I wanted some fast food on our way home. I excitedly said yes and we were on our way to the car.