The Phone Call

Author: sharpie21

NB: I am warning you now: this post is for mature audiences only. And by mature, I don’t mean over 18/21 (although I should probably mean that) – I mean, people who have an open mind, not easily offended and can accept a little bit of naughty? If you’re not who I just described, please do not read this post. ;) Don’t say I didn’t warn you…

This was done as a quick write, in the wee hours of the morning. So…I guess you could call it a “quickie”. Enjoy.

~*~

Maya kicked off her shoes as soon as she closed the door behind her. She was tired. The last seven days have literally been non-stop. She was on and off planes with very little time to rest in between. But today, she had at least twenty four hours to herself.

They arrived in Vienna a couple of hours ago. She joined the rest of the crew for a quick bite at the restaurant downstairs before excusing herself. All she wanted was to rest.

A yawn escaped her as she took off the vest that was a part of her uniform. She gave herself two quick taps on her cheek willing herself to stay alert a little bit longer. She would take a quick shower then slip into the big, white bed that was calling her name and sleep for as long as she could.

She frowned as she stepped under the stream of warm water. She would have preferred to crawl into her own bed back home, wrapped up in the safety of his arms. She sighed. Four more days, Maya.

She loved her job but being away from the people she loved was the disadvantage. Being away from him was the worst.

Meanwhile, Richard reached over to the bedside table and picked up his phone. 3:48 AM it said with no notifications of a text or a missed call. He sighed as he put his hands behind his head. He stared at the ceiling. He couldn’t sleep like this.

The flight tracker said they should’ve arrived a couple of hours ago yet she had not been in contact. They’re probably eating, he thought. He turned on his side to face the empty space beside him. He missed her. Badly.

Even though they had recently been on vacation together for nearly two weeks – wherein he had surprised her with an in flight proposal (to which she said ‘yes’), followed by a trip to Fiji – he felt like they had been apart for ages. His lips curved into a smile as he thought of their island, um, adventures. Heat went through him as the memories of those few days played in his head. He was a lucky man.

And she was perfect. Loving. Understanding. Patient. Smart. Beautiful. Skilled…

He sat up. The waiting was killing him. He picked up his phone and texted.

Hello Mrs. Lim. How was the flight? Where are you now?

Maya heard a loud beep as she dried her hair. Shoot. Nakalimutan kong magtext! She took the towel with her to the bedroom and checked her sweater pocket for her cell. It was him. Her stomach flipped. He still had that effect on her, and she was quite sure it would never disappear. She read his message with a smile.

Future Mrs. Lim palang po. Bakit gising ka pa? Halos alas 4 na. Flight was okay. Minor turbulence over Ireland kasi may storm ata. Kumain pa kami ng crew. At the hotel na. Kakatapos ko lang magshower. Getting ready for bed. Antok na antok na ako. :(

His eyebrows raised as he read her reply.

Shower…hmmm, paamoy…

She giggled at his reply. “Ikaw talaga. Sa dami ng sinabi ko, yung word na yun lang ang nakita mo,” she said to her phone. She sent him the exact same message. Quickly, she dried her hair and changed out of the robe into what she’d packed for sleepwear.