Chapter 2: loss

One year time skip

-

I sprint through the forest as fast as I could. Clenching my chest tightly, I pray that Itama was okay.

During the mission, we left him on guard and I had a very bad feeling that something happened to him. I could hear Hashirama and Tobirama yelling at me, telling me to slow down, but I couldn't. I knew something was wrong.

Finally reaching where we left him, a gasp escaped my lips. There sat Itama, back to a rock, covered in blood.

The two Senju brothers finally arrived, and they stood there, shocked. I let out a cry, and Hashirama runs to his brother. Tears started flowing freely down my cheeks, and my legs started to give out. I fell to my knees, sobbing loudly, along with Hashirama. My eyes stung, and I didn't notice there change from onyx, to crimson.

I finally had enough energy to get up and walk to them. Tobirama followed and put a hand on my shoulder when I stopped.

"Did the Uchiha do this?" I ask, my voice barely a whisper. The white haired male answered with a nod. Sorrow and anger filled my body, and I wrap an arm around the sniffling boy, holding him and his deceased brother close.

Tobirama sat behind me, leaning his head against my back. He wrapped an arm around my waste and one around his older brother's shoulder. Something wet hit my back. I knew he was crying. My eyes watered again and I tried to blink away the tears. It was rare for the albino male to show emotion, so I knew he was hurting badly.

We all were.

-

Sorry for the short chapter. The next chapter will be longer.