16

Jimin was staring out of the window of the plane. They were on their way to Japan.
He didn't know if he should believe the rumours or not. The rumours that claimed Yoongi was still alive.

Witnesses had confirmed that at that day they had tried to talk calmly to Yoongi. That they had tried to get the boy to come down.
That he had stood on the edge of the bridge looking down to the stormy Han River.
It had been raining and they had said that at some point although he had seemed to calm down Yoongi had slipped on the cold metal.

That the man had hit his head on the ledge and fell down into the water while the strong stream pulled him further down and away from them.

When the police and the rescue team had arrived it had already been too late.
The stormy river had already claimed the man's body as its own.

Jimin always thought that maybe if it hadn't been so rainy that day his fiance might still be alive and in his arms.

Maybe he could have been saved.

The what if-s and the maybe-s killed Jimin and didn't help him one bit.

Yoongi's phone had been the only thing that they were able to give him back that day.
He had stared at it for hours before he had actually turned it on.

Jimin found it lighting up its screen with a picture of himself and music still playing on repeat just like Yoongi had left it on the bridge.
It was a song that was not only by Vicious but a song that was made together with all of their friends which however had never actually been publicly released.

A secret well kept that they might have eventually put on their official soundcloud or youtube channel but never on a CD.

It was the last thing Yoongi had listened to.
The last song his fiance, a true virtuoso when it came to music, had played on his phone.

It was a beautiful song. Truly a masterpiece although if it would have been only up to Yoongi they would have worked on it for an even longer period of time until it had reached the level of perfection he was happy with.

He had even once declared one evening that he would delete the song because it just didn't sound right to him and yet....
Yet there he had been listening to the song on the ledge of a bridge all alone.

Jimin believed that he was also to blame for what had happened.
He had heard Yoongi cry himself to sleep, if he was even able to fall asleep at all, more often than not.

He had seen his shoulders shake in desperation, had heard shaky breaths and had seen him stand up and walk into the bathroom to stay there for a suspiciously long time and could feel the bandages on his thighs and wrists afterwards.

Jimin had stayed silent. He had just been a bystander who hadn't known what to do.

And now he knew that being a bystander sometimes is just as bad as being the perpetrator.

Maybe Yoongi had thought he hadn't even noticed anything.
But he had.

He had ignored it until it was too late.
He blamed himself more than anyone else.

He could have reached out for him.
Could have actually done something instead of listening to his managers who had told them to stay passive.

Jimin knew that staying passive hadn't included his behaviour towards Yoongi. But he hadn't been able to do more than pull him into a hug and sing to him.
Hadn't done more than act as if he didn't notice the scars rippling the skin of the man he had loved so much.

Nightmares haunted him because of it.

They would always be kind of similar. Jimin himself was Yoongi in those nightmares.

He would walk to the bridge with sadness weighing down his shoulders and everything would be just like the witnesses had described it.

But then nightmare Jimin would appear out of nowhere and catch him in his fall. One strong hand gripping Yoongi's pale arm.

Everything else around them, the screams and the camera shutters would become silent and there would be just the two of them.

And he would plead to and beg the Jimin of his nightmares to help him and pull him up.

But nightmare Jimin would just smirk evily and let go of him relaxing one finger after another.

And while he fell down far longer than he would in reality he heard Yoongi's voice whisper in his ear: " Why didn't you help me? Why did you give me up? Why Jimin? Why"

It always brought tears to his eyes and sobs would escape his mouth the second he woke up.

Most of the time Jimin would selfishly wish for Yoongi to come back to him, for Yoongi to be alive and waiting for him in Japan.

But sometimes a small part of him thought that maybe it was better that Yoongi was dead and that his nightmares of him blaming Jimin wouldn't become reality.

So sometimes letting go of the man he still loved so much seemed easier to him than to face reality that he was also one of the people responsible for Yoongi standing on the bridge on that fateful day.