Please Daddy?

September 19, 2013 was the date that changed me life, I have yet to determine if it was a good thing or a bad thing. My dad has always been the one to never let me do things and I was never one to complain. I loved him and knew he was only trying to protect me. This was the only time I had ever begged to do something. I'm just praying I'm making the right choice. Here is what happened.

~~~~~~~~

I was on my bed reading when I heard the doorbell ring, I went and opened the door knowing that the only person that came over normally was Nikki, my best friend since second grade. We weren't very good friends until she came up to me just to tell me that my twin brother Nick was hot, but then when she turned around to walk away accidently bumped into him knocking all her food on to him. I had never laughed so hard in my life.

"Nikkiiiiiiii" I practically screamed when I finally opened the door. We haven't been able to see each other for three weeks since she was on vacation with her family.

"Hey Ri, guess what I have to tell you!!!" She sounded excited to tell me, but any sane person that knew her would know that the 'excited to tell you' tone is never good.

"you are running away with a super hot, rich malemodel?" I know that will probably never happen, but a girl can dream. Nikki just looked at me with a look that asked why she was even friends with me before going on for thirty minutes about how she met this guy before she left and he invited her to go to the fair with his friends, but her mom wouldn't let her go unless I did.

"Nikki, you know my dad would never let me go especially if I tell him that boys would be there..." I wanted to be there for her but with my dad almost controlling my every move, it would be hard to go and be there for her.

"I know which is why you beg him to go to the fair with me but don't tell him any boys will be there, plus I doubt you will talk to one anyway" she was doing a fair job at convincing me, which didn't take much I did really want to go but I had to convince my dad first, I just wouldn't feel right going behind his back.

"Okay, I will talk to him when he gets home, but you should go. He gets home in like 5 mintues and you probably don't want to be here when I ask him." after I said this she gathered all her stuff and I walked her to her to the door, gave her a hug and said I will call her with an official answer later tonight.

~~~~~~~
I sat there for about five minutes before I heard a car pull in the drive way. When I looked at the door, I saw my dad walking in with a briefcase in his hand.
"Hey daddy, how was your day?" I normally wouldn't ask that question, only because he isn't like other dads who just say 'good, how about you?' he goes into a thirty minute conversation on how stressful it was and how he needs a vacation. I asked him because I need time to think of what I was going to say when both my parents are home in like ten minutes. I was so deep in thought I barely saw my mom walk in the door and give my dad a kiss.
"Hey girlie, how was your day?" My mom was amazing, she was a vet and worked a lot but she was really laid back and could get my dad to basically do anything.
"Good, I'm hungry now though" I winked at my mom, my mom only cooks on weekends and during the week my dad and I take turns cooking dinner. Tonight was my dads night and by the way he is rubbing his eyes and keeps yawning, I guess we will be going out. I'm not complaining though, it would be easier to convince my day in public because my dad hates to make a scene.
"Let's go out for some pizza" my dad suggested, hoping that my mom would agree so he wouldn't have to cook tonight. My mom nodded and all of us rushed to the car in the hurry to get food.
~~~~~~
When we were finally seated at my dads favorite pizza place,Rob's Little Italy, and had our food is when I finally got enough courage to ask my dad. I took a deep breath and looked at my dad.
" Daddy, may I ask you a question?" I had to use proper grammar or my dad will look at me until I do.
"What is it darling?" Nicknames where sometime that changed with him, he has several different nicknames for each person he meets.
"Can I go to the fair with Nikki on Friday?" I knew I couldn't joke around, the more straightforward I was the more likely he was to say yes.
"absolutely not" he didn't even think about it before he shot me down.
"But dad this is something I really want to do!" I was pushing my luck but I was hoping the more I begged while we were in his favorite restaurant, the more likely he was to say yes just to stop causing a scene.
"I said NO!" He was getting angry but I was still wanting to push my luck, I asked him one more time but this time saying that I would wash his car if he said yes.
"Honey, just say yes, I've never seen her want to do something more than this. Plus it would do her some good to get out of the house for the night and maybe even the weekend." My mom was once again on my side and was trying to convince my dad to say yes. My dad then sighed really loudly.
"Fine but you must wash my car this weekend and you must follow my one rule-NO boys!!" I then got up and squealed and hugged my dad tightly, I was really happy that he said yes and that I could be there for Nikki. Which I can not wait to call when I got home!