3 Generations of recipes and collecting

Some of these are family recipes and some have been clipped out of various papers throughout the 1900's. Some dont have names and are so old that i have trouble reading them and are on yellowed,many times folded paper. Me putting these down on here serves a dual purpose it saves my grandmothers and great aunts recipes on here for another generation to use and maybe love. Also to show how they did it back then, when a pinch, a splash, a dash, and a smidgen were still considered measurments. i hope you enjoy these and if i get enough feed back or if you want to add recipes i will add even more obscure recipes that are still sitting next to me.

                                                                                  Let me know and with much love'

                                                                                                     Chris

So I think we are gonna start off with my cousin Joanies Fruit Punch.. dont know where she got it but thats what it says here on the card.

2 qts oj

2 lg cans pineapple juice

1 qt can  pineapple cubes

1 large can frozen lemonade

3 qts white soda(i'm guessing 7 up, sprite, or gingerale)

1 lg jar Marachino cherries

1 orange sliced

mix, chill and serve. orange slices are a garnish to float in the punch

_______________________________________________________________________________

On to an old favorite and I don't know where this one came from.

                                          Potato Pancakes

6 potatoes (washed and peeled)

6 tblsp sweet cream

2 beaten eggs

4 tblsp flour

a pinch of salt

Grrate raw potatoes, drain dry on a cloth, add sweet cream,eggs,flour and salt.

Mix and fry in hot oil, drain, and sprinkle with sugar before serving.

_________________________________________________________________________________

another oldy but goody. Bare with me I can barely read this one.

                                             Corn Fritters

1 1/2 c flour

1 1/2 tsp salt

3/4 tsp baking powder

2 eggs beaten

2 c whole kernel corn canned(drained)

sift flour, measure and re-sift with baking pwder and salt. Combine beaten eggs and milk and stir until smooth. Fold in corn thoroughly and drop from tsp into grease heated to 375 degrees F. Fry to golden brown on all sides and drain on papertowels. serve hot. with syrup if so desired.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Again tell me what you think? Hate it, Like it don't care either way as long as i hear what you guys and Ladies think.

Thanks,

Chris