Chapter 4 - Knowing

Jason Maddox P.O.V

July 15 (9:30 p.m) - Detective Office

I parked my car and went inside the Detective office. It's been four months Since Detective Richard started doing his investigation on the case that happened two years ago.

The case gets difficult day by day. For solving any case we need two most important things 1.Evidence 2. Witness. We have neither of them. The previous two detectives that we hired told us that it was hardly possible for them to do anything without evidence and witness. As for a witness, it is my mum, but she has been in a coma state for two years.

Detective Richard is in his late 30s. He has blue eyes and blond hair. Detective Richard always says his office is his home. Detective Richard is a workaholic and a divorced man. He has a daughter and she is 10 years old. He loves his daughter more than anything. He always takes out some time to meet her daughter or just to catch a glimpse of her. He loves coffee. You can always see this man with a cup of coffee in his hand. He says 'Cigarette and coffee are both same as these are addicting and helps in relaxing, but I still prefer coffee because it's more addictive than Cigarette'.

As usual, he is enjoying his coffee. I knocked on the door and he turns his look from his coffee to me.

"Hello, Jason. How are you doing?" He asked as he takes a sip of his coffee.

"Fine, Mr Detective. You said you want to talk about the case." I said as I take my seat.

"Can you guess?" the Detective said while looking through some files.

"You find the murderer?" I asked him even though I knew the answer is No.

"Yes, and No," the Detective said as he takes out the paper from one of those bunch of files.

"What do you mean?" I asked him. Is it possible that the murderer is finally getting caught?

"Yes is for finding him and No is because I am not sure If he is the one that we are looking for," he said as he takes another sip of his coffee and he continues "Listen, Jason, we don't have any evidence and witness, but we do know that the murderer has grey eyes and which is not enough to help us to solve this case because there are a lot of people who have grey eyes. The person which I am talking about, he has the same grey eyes, but the most interesting thing is this person was present on September 22 near your house when the crime happened". He said and was quiet for few minutes, then again, he continues "But there is one odd thing. The odd thing is Someone is trying to help us out in solving this case and the question raised is Why?" the Detective said as he stresses the word why.

"Is this the same person who gave you the information on the murderer?" I asked because there is no way we can get this much information about him. I mean, till now there was no information on the murderer and all of a sudden we got to know that this person was present on September 22 near my house.

"Yes," he said as he takes another sip of his coffee.

"How this person told you about the murderer? I mean, did this person mail you or send you some PROOF about it?" I asked him and he was again quiet. The detective seems to be more careful about revealing any information about this person.

"It's better not to reveal anything. Not yet. When the time will come I will tell you everything". He said with assurance.

"Okay. I think I should go now". I got up from my seat.

"You need to be more careful than before and I think someone is keeping an eye on you". He said and there was a brief silence again and he continues "Don't worry about your mother. She will be fine and don't let the other people's words bother you and don't lose your temper. It will be good for both of us. I meant to say, don't let people know how much you are suffering from inside" He said those words exactly as if he knew what happened before I came here.

"Is this person is the one who gave you the information on the murderer and is also the one who is keeping an eye on me?" I asked him.

"No. They both are different" He said as he takes another sip from his coffee.

"The person who gave you the information is the one who told you that someone is keeping an eye on me?" I asked him.

"Maybe," He said with a smile.

"The murderer is the one who is keeping an eye on me?" I asked him again and he said "Maybe. I told you I can't say anything".

"Okay, but YOU are going to tell me later. Right?" I asked him.

"Yeah," he said.

I took my leave and walk towards my car as I look around my surroundings to find anyone who is watching me and it turns out to whomever I look at, they look back at me.

Funny, isn't it. My life is now on a roller coaster ride. People tell me not to think much and now just tell me how can I not think when everything is happening in front of me. I get in my car and started driving towards my house. There is so much going on in my mind. And the first one is Who is this person and why this person is helping us? 2. The murderer is the one who is keeping an eye on me? And the most important question is, the man with those grey is the murderer? And How the hell this so-called person knew the murderer? And Why Detective Richard is not saying anything about this so-called person?. Damn, I have so many questions and no answers. But at least I learned something about the murderer.

Detective Richard P.O.V

I am pretty much sure that kid is probably thinking about what I told him. I don't blame him. It's been two years since that incident happened and Emotionally he is going through a lot. He looks tired..... Completely tired. I just hope his mother wakes up soon because it will be good for him and for this case. It will be good for him if he doesn't know who this person is and why this person is helping us because he will not understand. Not yet.

Who in the world would have thought this person will be the one who holds those answers that we are looking for. Grey eyes... The person who has dark grey eyes is the murderer. We will meet again Albert and this time you can't run away from me. The game has finally begun and it is my turn to throw the dice and I will chase you down for sure.

_____________________

Author Note - Hello Readers.

I hope you enjoy this chapter.

Please vote and comment.