16

The various woods I got to make a bonfire erupted with flames as I threw a match on it. Andrea was down by the lake trying to find our shirts that we took off.

"I found them!" She stated as she ran up to me with the shirts in her hand.

She was soaking wet, and shivering. I handed her a towel heated up by the fire just a few feet away from us. We made our way over to the place I had set up for us to keep warm. She leaned into me as I wrapped my arms around her.

In that moment, a whirlwind of butterflies filled my stomach as I thought about the words she had said to me just moments ago. I don't know what love is quite yet, but I'm sure this is it. The compassion, trust, and endearment I felt when I was with her was undeniable traits of love. And those damn butterflies, they come to life as soon as I look into Andrea's emerald eyes. I suddenly know how to feel again every time her irresistible touch comes in contact with my skin. I didn't think of myself as the deranged kid with the psychotic parents when I was with her. I wasn't the same person I was before she came. I was broken, and she fixed me.

"I love you." I responded to the forgotten question quietly.

"Sorry, what was that?" She asked politely although she was barely awake in my arms.

"I love you, Andrea." I spoke clearly this time all though I stammered a bit.

"I'm glad." She said as she fixed her arms around me and feel into a deep sleep.

*andreas POV*

I awoke on the ground with Harry by my side. I couldn't have asked for a better way to start off the day. I got up slowly to make sure I didn't wake up Harry. He looked so peaceful, and I couldn't ruin that. I went up to the peak of the lake that he and I jumped off of last night. The thoughts flooded my mind as I looked into the lake as if the water was playing a movie of what happened last night. The pit at the bottom of my stomach dropped, but in a good way when I realized that I confessed my love for him.

I felt my stomach sink even more when I remembered laying my head on him and listening to the sounds of his steady breathe as he told me he loved me. The slight gentle waves on the lake smoothed my train of thoughts. I got up and went over to where the flames that heat up our hearts used to be. I analyzed Harry as he was sleeping with the slightest smile on his face. He sent chills down my spine without even trying. I mean he was just so damn gorgeous. I leaned down and kissed him on the cheek and watched his face twitch a bit at the sudden touch. The smirk has stretched into a smile as he got up and stretched.

"Are you blushing?" He joked as I noticed my cheeks were heated up.

"Of course not." I said as I tried to maintain a serious face.

"Would you blush if I kissed you right now?" He asked with that signature smirk playing on his lips.

He left a lingering peck on my forehead. Although it wasn't on the lips, I grew numb from his touch.

"You're grinning like a fool." He laughed as he leaned into a more affectionate kiss.

His charming eyes closed as he glided his lips across mine to tease me. He joined his lips with mine and I only then felt the passion and tenderness he felt towards me. Gosh, I loved him.

The rain pattered steadily against the window and I couldn't make out what was outside. The wind shield wipers had a rhythm to them as they slid across the glass back and forth. I leaned my head against the window, continuing the habit I had. The soft noise the rain left on the window as it came down forcefully relaxed me to the point of where I could barely keep my eyes open.

"Harry, are we almost back?" I said sounding too tired to function.

"Yes, only 30 minutes." He stated quickly as he focuses his eyes back onto the wet road.

We arrived at the orphanage in exactly 28 minutes. I greeted Catelyn with am affectionate hug as I kissed her on the cheek. I was interrupted by the very last thing I wanted to see on my way to the bathroom. There was Logan, just standing there with his signature devilish smirk. He was analyzing me from head to toe before he spoke the lingering words of, "I wasn't finished with you."

I felt the hair on the back of my neck stand as I listened to the unsympathetic words.

"I was very much so done with you." I scoffed back.

"You're so naive, Andrea." He laughed.

"I'm not the one with the bullet wound on my genitals." I made fun of him.

"Laugh all you want now, Andrea." He threatened.

"I'm not intimidated by you the slightest bit." I stated even though I might have been.

"We all know you are, Andrea. Stop with this act like you're all big and tough because in reality, you are fearful. The look in your eyes gives it all away." He laughed again before walking away.

Maybe he was right, maybe I was naive. Maybe I didn't know what I was in for. Maybe I did try to cover up my vulnerability by making myself stronger, but there isn't anything wrong with that. I was fearful of the world. The endless possibilities of awful things happening haunts me from the moment I open my eyes, to the moment I closed them.

*harrys POV.*

I was half asleep listening to the killers when there was a knock on my door. I opened the door to be greeted with Andrea's piercingly green eyes.

"Can I stay over?" She asked as if she had to.

"No, you can't." I joked.

"Whatever." She laughed as she pushed past me.

There was something different about her laugh. It sounded more empty then it usually did. Her laughter typically filled the room, as well as my heart, but something was off about it.

We made our way to my bed as she quietly tucked herself in. A cold silence filled the dark room, and I could sense that something was up with Andrea.

"Andrea, what's wrong?" I said sounding concerned.

"Nothing." She responded blankly.

"There is obviously something wrong. You're too great of a person to get away with a lie like that." I argued.

"I just don't know anymore. I appear so vulnerable to everyone and people take advantage of it. And if I were such a great person, people wouldn't just get sick of me and leave. Logan personally victimized me in the bathroom earlier. Every single one of the nasty adjectives he used to describe me were completely true. I'm such a worthless mess, and I can't even stand myself anymore." Andrea spilled out more than what I expected she would.

"You are worth it. You are worth so much. You have qualities that are hard to come by, Andrea. I will personally beat the shit out of Logan if I ever lay my eyes on him. I don't care what anyone says, you are worth so much more than you think. And I'm completely appalled by the fact that you don't see yourself the way I do. I mean Jesus Christ, Andrea. If you weren't worth anything do you think I'd be completely head over heels in love with you?"

I said as I kissed her on the top of her forehead.

"Harry, I really do love you." She stated while hugging me tighter.

"I love you." I confessed.

"Why do you love me?" She asked.

"Why wouldn't I love you?" I laughed as I kissed her all over her face causing her to giggle as well.

A.N

I possibly won't be updating next week due to big tests I have to take.