Almost done

After roughly half an hour of travelling, they finally reached the end of the clearing and the beginning of a forest twice as big and beautiful as the forest AJ once lived in. The distressed Tree Squid explained how he needed to live in a treehouse in the tallest tree in the forest, and the two agreed to help him build a new house in the tallest tree they could find. They searched and searched until the sun was peering over the hills before they finally found it. The one tree that towered over all the others, the top stuck out above the rest of the trees. A tree so tall, not even the worlds tallest giraffe could eat from it.

By midday, a new treehouse had been built about three quarters of the way up the tree, complete with hardwood floors and a leafy roof for the forest aesthetics. It had four bedrooms, one for AJ, decorated with an apple painted on the wall, an applewood desk, candy Apple green bedding and a mini fridge filled with apple juice boxes; one for Caitlin, with wool carpets and the softest bed you could imagine; one for Jeremy, made with grassy floors and a leafy bed, and finally, the empty space known as the guest bedroom.

They had a cute little kitchen, next to a living room in which every day, AJ would perform an interpretive dance to predict the weather for the day.

And as for Dan the Manly Man, he was never seen again. At least, not until book three...

The End