Chapter 3: Hanging out

Weeks had passed and a few things happened and didn't happen, firstly, I had hung out with Max and Warren a lot, super fun, it was amazing to catch up with them, and Victoria took me on a shopping spree, but, the thing that didn't happen was Nathan, he never texted me or anything... I mean we talked outside of school for a few minutes like a handful of times but, I'm kind of disappointed but oh well. I shouldn't have expec- Bing!

"What?" I question, picking up my phone. Well then, Nathan. Hmm, coincidental but exciting nonetheless. Wonder what he wants. I tapped on the message and opened my phone.

Nathan: Hey 10 mins away. Get ready

Mae: Wait what? For what?

Nathan: Casual clothes.

Mae: Not helping.

Nathan: I know, now hurry up.

Mae: Fine.

"Well then," I sigh and stand up from my desk which I was working on a sketch at. I walked over to my closet, grabbing a pastel pink and blue flannel, a white tank top, light wash blue jean shorts, soft lavender thigh high socks and my space flats. Just as I finished putting on my clothes I heard my phone go off again. I walked over and grabbed it, reading the message from Nathan.

Nathan: Get yo ass out here.

Mae: Alright alright!

I rolled my eyes at his message and left my room. When I arrived at his car he was leaning against it.

"Sup?" I smiled. He looked up at me with a cigarette in his teeth.

"Hey," he blew some smoke to the side of him, "get in." He grabbed my arm and dragged me to the car door opening it.

"Hey! What the hell! Don't touch me!" I growled ripping my arm away from him. "Tell me what the hell we're doing," I calmed myself down a bit. He gritted his teeth, I could tell he was trying not to scream at me.

"We're going to the lighthouse." He stated with annoyance lacing his voice. I let out a soft sigh.

"Alright," I stepped in and he shut the door of the car roughly. He got in and started up the car.

We had been driving for a while in silent tension before I decided to speak up.

"So the lighthouse huh?" He rolled his eyes and looked over at me, the ghost of a smirk on his lips.

"Yeah, I always," he sighs, "always go here to just chill, y'know?" I could tell he was trying, I was glad. I perked up and tried some more.

"And you wanted to take me to chill with you?" I giggled lightly punching his leg. He chuckled and shook his head.

"Yea, I wanted someone to rant with," he looked me up and down before locking eyes with me and gaining a quick goofy smile, "you'll do I guess," he chuckled. I giggled and nodded.

"Thanks Nate!" He looks at me with a slight surprise. "S-sorry, is it okay to call you that?" I question. He slowly nodded his head.

"Yeah, I just haven't been called that in a while." I nodded warmly. He then pulled over in a small outcrop that looks like it was probably used as a parking lot. "We're here," he opens his door and gets out of the car. I get out as well and following him up the trail, I catch up to where I'm walking beside him. He didn't look down at me but kept a grip on my hand, his thumb rubbing soft circles into my hand. I didn't know if it was to calm me or him but I was enjoying it nonetheless.

"Nice view..." I mumbled under my breath as I slumped over on the bench. Nathan soon joined me with a joint between his teeth. He lit it up and I had to hide my disgust. I'd never been one for drugs and only on certain occasions have I ever drank alcohol. So when he offered the joint to me I had no clue what to do. I stiffened and stared, my eyes flickering between him and the joint.

"Well? You gonna get high or what?" He grumbled lazily. I shook my head and he shrugged, "Aight, whatever I guess." So he's not mad..? Huh, never thought I'd see the day.

"Can I play with your hair?" I questioned and before I realized what I had said he had flicked his gaze to me, confusion lighting his face.

"What?" His eyebrows were furrowed hiding his eyes from the ever setting sun. I gulped down a large breath.

"I-I want to play with your hair..." My voice shook, surely this would get me shouted at or, something! I scanned his face, traces of disapproval, confusion and, temptation? Running through it.

"Fuck, sure I don't give a shit. Just don't fuck it up bad." He grumbles. I nod scooting closer to him, I hesitate before slowly running my hands through his dusty gold locks. God, they were super soft! I let a soft smile trace my face as he leaned into my touch slightly. I giggle a little pushing some of his hair away from his face. He turned to face me a little more, not that I had completely noticed due to my infatuation with his hair; I did, however, feel his hand caress my cheek. I pause petting him to look him in the eyes and as I do he pulls me so our lips meet. I'm quite shocked frankly. I barely know how to respond before he pulls away. There wasn't even a hint of a blush on his face, he probably didn't even really know what he just did. I look to the ground in front of me and kick at it a little. Should I mention he was a good kisser? Probably not, he's just playing me, right? I mean, what else would he be doing? We've talked like three times outside of class and most of those times were accidental! I stand up. I'm not gonna be played, not by him, not by anyone. He growls as I get up.

"Where the fuck do you think you're going?" He stands up too. I shrink, oh god. My heart pounds a mile a minute. "I'm the one who drove you out here and now you're just gonna leave!" I gulp.

"Yeah," I pause, "Nathan, l-listen, I don't think... I don't think I should hang out with you anymore... you seem to, spell trouble..." I was sure he could hardly hear me because I was having troubles hearing myself.

"Fine, you bitch, how the fuck are you even Victoria's friend? You're just some loser girl who wouldn't know fun if it hit her in the back of the head." He was walking closer to me and with every step he took, I backed away until I just full on fled. I heard him shout from behind me.

"Yeah that's right BITCH, keep fucking running! YOU CAN'T ESCAPE ME IN MY DAMN TOWN! I OWN THIS PLACE!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, that was something. Sorry for such a long wait, I kinda left Wattpad altogether. anyway.

Word count: 1192