When the Night Has Come

Third person P.O.V. ~
Gordie Lachance loved his twin sister. Yet he had forgotten purposefully to include her in his plan to find Ray Brower's body. He didn't want her to get hurt, he loved her that much. She loved him too, so when Gordie came home that Sunday afternoon before Labor Day, his sister was the only one to greet him when he came back.

"GORDIE LACHANCE. WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU?!" Y/N screeched.

"Nice to see you too." Gordie replied.

"You had me worried sick, and I would hug you, but you smell like shit. Mom and Dad didn't even notice."

Gordie frowned at the last sentence. He felt like his adventure should have caused some stir in his parents, but of course, him and Y/N were left to fend for themselves.

"Come on Gordo, " Y/N slung her arm over her younger twin's shoulder. "Let's get you cleaned up."

Gordie and Y/N walked inside, past their parents staring blankly at the wall, and up the stairs. Gordie suddenly felt very tired and lazy.

"Y/N , do I have to get cleaned up?" Gordie whined.
Y/N pulled a face and said, " Gordie you are NOT joking right? Can you SMELL yourself? I'm not giving you any pasta until you shower young man!"
Y/N's whole rant had Gordie laughing his ass off because she gestured with her hands and yelled so much she was out of breath.

"Okay, okay, I get it. I'll go shower." Gordie raised his hands in defense. While he walked down the hallway to his bathroom he shared with Y/N he heard her say "Man, I'm out of shape." Which of course make him laugh and get an obscene gesture in return.

After Gordie's shower, he sat down with Y/N at the table and started eating. Throughout the dinner he felt her eyes burning a hole into his head. Finally Gordie had enough, "What?"

Y/N put her fork down, "What did you actually do this weekend?"
Gordie knew this question was coming, and he wasn't all that ready to tell the story. Well, not until he finished his food.
"I'll tell you tonight, let's tent out in the backyard."

Gordie and Y/N set up the tent in the backyard, and the whole time Y/N was bugging Gordie.

"Tell me. Tell me. Tell me. I'm your twin. Older by two minutes. Tell me. I made you food. I can stop your flow of food. I can tell Teddy I like him and ruin your friendship. Tell me. I have blackmail. Hey I saw Eyeball Chambers with Denny's cap on, maybe I could get it back. Tell me. I can get Chris to give me a cigarette and I'll smoke it 'cause I know you hate it. TELL ME. "

Gordie rolled his eyes, "Don't you have any patience?" He finished with the tent.

"Gordie, I'm your twin. Do you think I have patience? Now, onto business." Y/N crawled into the tent with her sleeping bag , drawing supplies,and some paper. Ever since Gordie and her have been little, she's been illustrating his stories. She was going to draw this story, no matter what Gordie said. She was going to give this story a life of its own.

Gordie crawled into the small opening after her carrying his sleeping bag and the food, because this story is best told with something to munch on. Gordie sat down and looked at the other Lachance twin who had an eager look on her face and a sketch pad in her lap. Gordie began his story with him buying a magazine at the drugstore and walking to the treehouse.